• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dow's 10 year old Port.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocostella
PVW 20yo (shocking, I know!)
ER 17yo (again, shocking!)
Whistlepig Rye
High West Bourye
High West Rendezvous Rye
Blanton's
VW Family Reserve Rye 13yo
PVW 15yo

Never tried High West, maybe I'll look for it this weekend. Surprised to see Blanton's > VW Family Reserve and PVW 15 yo. I have always found Blanton's to be fairly flat, almsot bland, with a flavor more reminiscent of a mellowed Tennessee whiskey than a bourbon. Your top two are among my favorites.

Originally Posted by ama
Glad you like it! Have you delved deeper into the BenRiach universe yet? They have a lot of interesting whiskys. The like to play with peat and different casks and some of their sherried single casks are otherworldly.

I've tried a few in hotel bars here and there, might pick something else up in the next week or two to try out.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Whoops, forgot to state that the listing was in no particular order. ER 17yo, the Van Winkles and High Wests were really the ones that came out on top. The ones listed just separated themselves from the pack. I can't say where Blanton's fit in overall, as when the time came to rank them outside of their flights, it was becoming more of a nose than taste experience. However, when my palate was fresh, these were the ones I singled out inside the flights I was presented with.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celebrating a promotion.

1296010469840.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats bossman.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
La fee verte -- Kubler, 2:1, cold, no sugar.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
Congrats bossman.

Cheers! It's been a good year for us and it's still on the upswing...with any luck I'll be able to drink Ridge on a regular basis
laugh.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1296085251535.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eagle Rare 17 year old, no ice, no water. Triple. Been a long week.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Eagle Rare 17 year old, no ice, no water. Triple. Been a long week.

Shoo! And it's only Wednesday!

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, lost my no drinking for a week pledge on day 2. oh well. better luck next time. tonight. tanq 10 martini, woodford and splash of ginger ale, and finally a macallan. just the 12 yr though. not bad.

-Jeff

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drinking some Ardbeg 10..that should wake me up.
Originally Posted by PandArts
Cheers! It's been a good year for us and it's still on the upswing...with any luck I'll be able to drink Ridge on a regular basis
laugh.gif

That is pretty awesome, and I'm also having a pretty solid month so far. Cheers! To a great start.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads