• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, so after that foot/ankle business, I kind of got fed up and decided to see whether it would hold up. Today - 6.7 miles in 49:14. Not great, but not bad, either. Had a couple of twinges here and there but nothing that was prominent.

Same shuffle as before, just further along in the sequence:

Joan Jett - Love is All Around
Janelle Monae - Tightrope
Fugazi - Ex-spectator (live)
Gorillaz - Sweepstakes
Fugazi - Waiting room (live)
Metallica - Sweet Amber
RHCP - Dani California
The Clash - Four Horsemen
STP - Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Arcade Fire - We Used to Wait
Arcade Fire - Wasted Hours
Bob Dylan - You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
Mr. Bungle - The Air-Conditioned Nightmare
Arcade Fire - Modern Man

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 x 2 miles tonight
Splits:
12:58 (6:36/6:22)
12:05 (6:06/5:59)
11:43 (5:53/5:47)

30 seconds recovery between intervals
Side cramps the entire way but still managed to progress.
All in all a confidence boosting workout.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
last night last night, early morning as well, but I went out anyway for the last quality workout before Sunday's race: 5.3 miles in 39:17. Couldn't quite keep the pace going, but 1) Sunday was a damn ordeal that may take a few days to recover, and 2) the ankle was not a factor.

Now, if I could just do something about the thunderstorms that are forecast for race day. Any tips on racing through the rain?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
After taking most of November (after destorying my leg in the NYC Marathon) and all of December off due to an MCL injury I came back and rand the NYRR Manhattan half marathon this past weekend in 1:32:46. Not back to where I want to be, but at least the pain is gone.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
After taking most of November (after destorying my leg in the NYC Marathon) and all of December off due to an MCL injury I came back and rand the NYRR Manhattan half marathon this past weekend in 1:32:46. Not back to where I want to be, but at least the pain is gone.

Congrats, and nice recovery time there!

Today, beatin' the snow (well, almost) listening to the King is Dead...great album! 5.5 miles makin' some fresh tracks.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

Not as slick as it looks.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recovering from a cold, so it was a short and slow dreadmill run today.
frown.gif
3.5 miles in 31:23 (avg. 8:58 min/mi) Today's playlist was YOB's third LP, The Unreal Never Lived.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay - slept in, did not run today. Three days left to the half.

My plan is to not run until Sunday. Do you guys take the few days off completely or do light jogging?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^super light jogging (2-4 mi easy) and easy strides on a track, just enough to stay loose.

5 wet and snowy miles for me, Brooklyn is indeed looking sharp.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
^super light jogging (2-4 mi easy) and easy strides on a track, just enough to stay loose.

5 wet and snowy miles for me, Brooklyn is indeed looking sharp.

Dude, you ran today?? AWESOME. I def would have been hit by a car had I tried. People are driving like a-holes around here. Shoveled out my car (2 hours) and did chest, tris and abs at the gym today. I'mma be super sore tomorrow.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
back in the cold.
Did a 9 mile run yesterday morning.
I have some truly spectacular pics of the Santa Barbara sunrise over the ocean.

Im a little sad to be back in the cold of Chicagoland.
I ordered a pair of Inov8 trail shoes this evening and cant wait to run them up on the secret spot.
Tomorrow Ill do a 5is run in my snow filled flat trails.
Sat Im planning on a 15+ mile run.

When Im feeling it, Ill post the pics....they are amazing.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 during a great sunset in California - but I found myself dragging and uncomfortable after eating garbage and getting 0 sleep. Nothing like a brutal run to remind me why eating/living somewhat healthily is important.

did it in just about 1:03 - blegh. Can't wait to watch Houston Half live on saturday, its being broadcast online. I am rooting for R Hall despite his Tim Tebowesque Christian advocacy but hey - if it gets him across the finish of a Half Marathon in less than an hour more power to him.

Looking forward to hearing the race report Thomas - I subscribe to the "Rest not Rust" formula during the week before a race, I also find it helpful to keep the feeling of my goal pace fresh in my head.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Dude, you ran today?? AWESOME. I def would have been hit by a car had I tried. People are driving like a-holes around here. Shoveled out my car (2 hours) and did chest, tris and abs at the gym today. I'mma be super sore tomorrow.

Williamsburg bridge was in okay shape, except for about 100 yd stretch on brooklyn ped side that was completely unplowed. The real trick was getting there and back, but I kept my socks dry, somehow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads