• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Are they similarly vanity sized as 501s and 514s or TTS?

sorry, I can't help with this, I haven't purchased a pair yet. I do have 511 jeans though, if you want I could try and find a tape measure.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 30s in 501 STF and I wear 32 in these. I have big thighs though and they're for work so i've sized up considerably. I'd size up 1 from your normal waist size because they are "skinny" and they do shrink in the wash.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
sorry, I can't help with this, I haven't purchased a pair yet. I do have 511 jeans though, if you want I could try and find a tape measure.

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I wear 30s in 501 STF and I wear 32 in these. I have big thighs though and they're for work so i've sized up considerably. I'd size up 1 from your normal waist size because they are "skinny" and they do shrink in the wash.

Cheers.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bigger guys suggestion:

Not sure whether they're available in the US but as an interim measure I picked up some Levi 752 Chinos and sized right down. They're a slim straight cut but heavily vanity sized in the waist/butt so you can size down heavily (3 inches on true waist) and get a pretty slim leg even with largish thighs. For reference I'm pretty much dead on a 37" true waist and the 752 34R "True Chinos "come in at a 37 waist, 24 Thigh, 9.5 Knee 8.25 hem.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the J. Crew slim fit chino. I've got them in a bluish slate grey and light grey, as well as the brown Bowrey cords that are the same fit. You can get them pretty cheap in sales too

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just kopped some of the 511s in 29X30. I'll let you know how they work out.

rick

Reaction score
i just pick up polo ralph lauren g1 slim fit chinos tts 38 hem is 8.5 like them a lot. got them at macys

Cheese1

Reaction score
They have selvedge twill 511s in a khaki color on Levis.com for $30. I'd buy a pair if I wasn't on money lockdown right now, but I think they're worth a look.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
They have selvedge twill 511s in a khaki color on Levis.com for $30. I'd buy a pair if I wasn't on money lockdown right now, but I think they're worth a look.

The chinchills? I don't think they're selvedge, but they're also showing $79.50 for me. :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads