• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PRO TIP: Change Your PPP(Posts Per Page) to 40

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a couple people today that didn't know you could read 40 posts on one page, so I thought I would post this for others who might not know.
1. Click on User Control Panel or User CP
2. Click edit options
3. Then under thread display options you can change to 5, 10, 20, 30, or 40 posts per page.

This should make reading threaks easier.
laugh.gif

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I was talking to a couple people today that didn't know you could read 40 posts on one page, so I thought I would post this for others who might not know.
2. Click edit options
3. Then under thread display options you can change to 5, 10, 20, 30, or 40 posts per page.

laugh.gif

And please, for the love of all, switch to hybrid view so you can actually respond to the right post. I hate reading a sub-thread, and then someone's comment randomly shows up because they hit the "quick reply" button.
baldy[1].gif

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^blame vB's ****** quickreply that makes you actually select a post to which you must quick reply as opposed to letting you post in the general thread.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been doing this forever.

superfuture allows 100 or something like that. baller

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
2. Click edit options

laugh.gif

never knew this. thanks deve

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewi
And please, for the love of all, switch to hybrid view so you can actually respond to the right post. I hate reading a sub-thread, and then someone's comment randomly shows up because they hit the "quick reply" button.
baldy[1].gif

Originally Posted by deadly7
^blame vB's ****** quickreply that makes you actually select a post to which you must quick reply as opposed to letting you post in the general thread.

Sorry, hate to play the ignorance card, but can one of you point to an example of this. I don't really understand what you're talking about here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
2. Click edit options

laugh.gif

bigstar[1].gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Screw this hybrid view...as an active reader, give me linear, oldest first any day.

Most threads I post in, I come back to check on and continue reading as posts come through. I don't like how hybrid/threaded modes put everything out of order. It is nice for a single reading of a thread (like if I was reading a how-to thread from the archives) but it can get messed up thanks to people who reply to the wrong message or quote and reply to multiple messages.
It seems to be enough of a standard practice to quote the bit you are responding to (or at least throw in an ^^^ if you posting immediately after).
With linear mode, when I return to this thread tomorrow, everything after my post will be all of the newest content and nothing in front of my post will have changed.

Compare this to something I only read once like Slashdot which I keep in nested mode (looks like the threaded listing in hybrid but contains the whole uncollapsed posts instead of just the titles) since I will scroll through the comments on an article once and never return to it again unless someone responds directly to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads