• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
had a pretty unbelieveable week so far

highlights:

kiton tie
brioni tie
canali tie
zegna tie
8 turnbull and asser ties
2 zegna suits and a sport coat
belvest wool/cashmere sportcoat
brooks brothers wool/cashmere sport coat
brooks brothers loro piana sport coat
brooks brothers golden fleece tie (new with tag at tjmaxx LOL)
polo ralph lauren benchmade in england black loafers (MINT)
church's wing tips
cole haan benchmade shoes (for my future father in law....little ass kissing never hurts)

found a pair of aldens but had to pass on them as the leather soles were worn through
frown.gif

Jeez, I need to move to Dallas!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet! can do a 12-13 depending on the maker.

...lol. You have to be more precise because he can't proxy every 12-13 shoe :p

seanmj

Reaction score
Found at a single thrift store tonight:

Hickey Freeman glen plaid suit
Hickey Freeman houndstooth jacket
Hickey Freeman gun club check jacket
Oxxford plaid jacket
Oxxford jacket #2 (black and white; not sure how to describe the pattern)

The best part: everything is my size and fits great, no alterations needed (except the suit pants). One of the HF jackets has more shoulder padding than I'd like, but I can't complain. Paid $50 total.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Great finds, Sean. Oxxford and H-F are two of my favorite brands. Oxxford is out-of-this-world quality and H-F is even better than its reputation. Take an Oxxford with smooth fabric and fold the lapel back, then look at the basting sometime. Beautiful handwork.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Collection 100% Cashmere (made in Italy) overcoat for $40 good deal to you guys? Size 40/42 I don't remember. It's in mint condition...not much wear I can tell. It's actually a man's with buttons on the right hand side...as I thought the "collection" line is for ladies.

Egert

Reaction score
Bought a Valentino suit with Zegna cloth for €30 today, almost perfect condition
smile.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
Ralph Lauren Collection 100% Cashmere (made in Italy) overcoat for $40 good deal to you guys? Size 40/42 I don't remember. It's in mint condition...not much wear I can tell. It's actually a man's with buttons on the right hand side...as I thought the "collection" line is for ladies.

If its 100% cashmere and it fits you then yes!

If not I'll take it if it's big enough
wink.gif

katiedaddy

Reaction score
Not recent, but I picked up Dolce & Gabbana black long coat for $75 at Filenes Basement in Wash DC couple years ago, but still regret about not picking up this $125 absolutely cool looking slim fitted long coat by Vivienne Westwood. For recent score, I just picked up couple Diesel jeans for $39 each at Marshalls.

EBTX66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar
Question: came across a few "Gianni" items in my last few thrift runs. The script looks exactly like that in the "Gianni Versace" line, but it only says "Gianni". Is this a Versace diffusion line or is it something else altogether? Quality looks pretty craptastic and I wouldn't pick it up myself, I was just curious.
DSCN0332-1.jpg

I might be wrong but I think this is just one of those knock-off lines that tries to sound like it is a "designer" brand. Where was it made?

Originally Posted by mainy
go back and get the sweaters if they are still there... one of mine is at $520 with 5 days to go
inlove.gif

your brioni shirt will probably net at least 100 bucks on Ebay, I had one a while back in pretty good condition and got like 115

Thanks. Now that the afterglow of finding it is fading I'm thinking it's heading to eBay.

Originally Posted by Nataku
Jeez, I need to move to Dallas!

No! Look at that haul he pulled in. It's already too hard to for me compete with the new guy trolling full-time. Perhaps it's time for the old man to retire and make way for the next generation...
musicboohoo[1].gif

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBTX66
No! Look at that haul he pulled in. It's already too hard to for me compete with the new guy trolling full-time. Perhaps it's time for the old man to retire and make way for the next generation...
musicboohoo[1].gif

TROLL?!?!?! LOL. So much for getting you the hookup on a Kiton suit
smile.gif
BTW if you want anything i found let me know im interested in trades
smile.gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TROLL?!?!?! LOL. So much for getting you the hookup on a Kiton suit
smile.gif
BTW if you want anything i found let me know im interested in trades
smile.gif

I think he meant trolling, as in continuously fishing, as a metaphor for your shopping. Not trolling in reference to your forum participation.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I think he meant trolling, as in continuously fishing, as a metaphor for your shopping. Not trolling in reference to your forum participation.

i know, i was just busting his chops
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads