• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
zip sneakers be better if it was more monotone i.e. black/black. the brown/mustard yellow is fine

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milksauce
Did you bother reading a few pages back or a few posts up? (Those pictures not labeled as F/W are S/S)

It would actually take you less effort to just write yes or no. I've looked through here and several websites and it seems they are F/W, but I'm hoping S/S. If anyone cares to elaborate please let me know.

Milksauce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
It would actually take you less effort to just write yes or no. I've looked through here and several websites and it seems they are F/W, but I'm hoping S/S. If anyone cares to elaborate please let me know.

Judging from the acrimony preview and the highsnobiety pics they appear to be F/W.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Hmm. No offense but how long have you been following the brand? Considering their 'humble' beginnings and their early identity crises I'm just glad they're putting out product. The brand is built around wearable basics, interesting proprietary fabrics, and a slim cut at relatively 'affordable' prices. For someone who seemingly bought all of last season you're pretty critical of a brand that is never going to be what you seem to want them to be. I'm perfectly happy with their direction and can't wait to get my hand on more jackets and hoodies.
blush.gif

I'm not really up for arguing any points here or my credentials on W+H or how long I've been following them but I understand what you're saying and will say you most likely have been following them for longer than myself. I did purchase a substantial amount of W+H F/W primarily because there were a lot of new cool offerings outside of standard tiger fleece stuff (e.g. thermal cardigans, new "wool fleece" items, the Japanese Line of pants which are incredibly awesome, the line of flannels, the new terry loop..to name some). I still think the S/S pieces we haven't gotten a good look at (some of the lighter weight pants, and shorts - as again, I favor the pants and shorts) will be great and I'm going to be insta-kopping a lot of those as soon as available at my preferred domestic stockist. As for a brand that is never going to be what you seem to want them to be.-- honestly, I'm not exactly sure myself what I want them to be but it would be nice to see a few style variations (while still sticking to core design philosophies) outside of minute alterations to the same fabric cut from the same cloth of the season prior (e.g. the double layered crewneck and black chambray shorts of season past.... with newly added back cinch). No hate to you or the brand intended in any of this, ftr - I just enjoy discussing the clothing. I obviously wouldn't spend so much time in these threads if I didn't. I also like to add real content, which I think these threads often lack.
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I noticed the sweatpants are back at Blackbird. I read the thread but didn't find any sizing info on these.. I'm a 30 in W+H chinos and shorts (which actually measure closer 33" as you all know). Should I buy a Small or Medium? Also, do the ties at the hem have metal ends on them? I've seen this done too many times and always wonder WTF?
PaulYAY: from Guy @ 4_HM: Seems to me that the sweats fit basically the same as last time. I prefer a slightly looser fit so personally i would go up to a large from my usual medium. You could definitely go TTS if you wanted them to fit slim though. The loop terry has a good amount of stretch to it as well. Let me know if you need anything else. I would go with a medium if I were you (at a true 32-33" waist)...fortunately there are still some left at BB, better hurry though. Interesting to see how the sweats are selling out immediately after release - yet the matching hoodies are pretty much still available in every size, all colors. Could be interpreted a lot of different ways. (edit. PaulYAY if you've never worn the sweats they're pretty snug. If you've ever seem my fits I have manorexic legs equipped with a girly-mon waist of 27" -- and last season I wore a medium and they fit perfect. The difference between this year and last is that this year they are made of the terry loop fabric which has a good deal of stretch in it. Even despite that - I wouldn't be surprised to hear someone recommend a large if you're a true 33" waist. ) and not metal pieces at the end of the ties...they're just overhand knotted once.

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
This:

9529464c.jpg

Is obviously the FW'10 double-layered henley with the henley neck converted to crew and they threw a chest pocket on it. I would rock - but just a little boring considering a basic reincarnation of the exact same shirt I purchased from a few months ago? Iono..

This:

d1f3e514.jpg

I fear will be the exact same black chambray shorts of last summer, but now including a back cinch. I loved the shorts, but will not re-purchase for a back cinch. Hope to see some different color chambray shorts. They were a real winner last SS. Some different colors outside of indigo and black would be very cool..

This:

b6c43990.jpg

An uninspired mish-mash of heather terry loop and somewhat awkwardly placed trend-clinging elbow and pocket patches made out of the standard double-henley/cotton tube scarf material?

Just see a lot of recycled flavors and fabrics. Not that w+h reinvents itself every year with huge progressive design changes -- just feel a little underwhelmed. But again, SHORTS and PANTS for me, moving forward. Tops are hurting. I also fear everyone and their brother will be featuring contrast collars this year - gingham and madras. Will the W+H version justify a $120.00 price tag..?

edit; and of course - the zip sneakers are sick. Good luck gettin um!! (note tho sneakers are looking like FW)

The collection looks good to me, a few subtle changes on already popular styles is the best way to go for a small collection brand like W+H's. As for prices i think they can be justified by the quality & supply/demand for the brand.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Slack
fistbump.gif
. I just ordered the black and the olive melange off BB in medium. I'm a bit surprised that Guy said he'd go to a large though, because from what I remember he's like 6'3", 150 or so. I'm over 6' and under 150 and couldn't get myself to go to a large because anything baggy looks ridic on me. Hoping the M pans out.

If you're ordering from Blackbird, don't forget STYLEFORUMFRIENDS for 10% off.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes this is very helpful ... i always forget this but they always credit me when i frantically email them haha

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Slack
fistbump.gif
. I just ordered the black and the olive melange off BB in medium. I'm a bit surprised that Guy said he'd go to a large though, because from what I remember he's like 6'3", 150 or so. I'm over 6' and under 150 and couldn't get myself to go to a large because anything baggy looks ridic on me. Hoping the M pans out.

Nice. I'm especially confident in the medium after hearing your approximate dimensions. Let us know your thoughts on them & sizing when you receive..

Im Keeping an eye for the sweat shorts in olive as well

I'm out of pocket but am curious to see if your size M purchases at BB wiped them clean out in the size in both colors or if they have more than one Pair of each size..

Good lookin out on the SF coupon too..

Shirt+Pants

Reaction score
Does anybody know if they'll be making the gingham collar polos again this season? Not really feeling the madras collar.

5tan

Reaction score
Madras collar isnt bad, I think I'll grab one once I see them in person.
I have the black/white gingham already, wish I bought the red/white off Acrimony when I had the chance..

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I still think the S/S pieces we haven't gotten a good look at (some of the lighter weight pants, and shorts - as again, I favor the pants and shorts) will be great and I'm going to be insta-kopping a lot of those as soon as available at my preferred domestic stockist. As for a brand that is never going to be what you seem to want them to be.-- honestly, I'm not exactly sure myself what I want them to be but it would be nice to see a few style variations (while still sticking to core design philosophies) outside of minute alterations to the same fabric cut from the same cloth of the season prior (e.g. the double layered crewneck and black chambray shorts of season past.... with newly added back cinch)..

Just to clear a few things up, it's really difficult to be judging this collection based off of the lookbook and a couple of trade show picturess from 6 months ago. As usual, there will be a handful of new fabrics (a lot of linen blends) and some reworking of past ones. The double layer jersey shows up a few times again, which i'm happy about. That cardigan with the patches is a cotton "meshknit" and the close up of the cinchback is actually the back of a pair of pants which are made out of a Japanese cotton/linen blend. These pieces should start hitting shops within a couple weeks, so it's probably worth holding off speculation until then.

Everything that is just starting to pop up on blogs now (Heritage Research Parka, Sneakers, etc.) is for F/W11, aside from denim which is supposed to be available April.

Thanks Slack
fistbump.gif

Off topic, but i'm about 180lbs. I prefer the look of the W+H sweatpants a little looser and then cinched at the bottom. Totally personal preference though.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM
Just to clear a few things up, it's really difficult to be judging this collection based off of the lookbook and a couple of trade show picturess from 6 months ago. As usual, there will be a handful of new fabrics (a lot of linen blends) and some reworking of past ones. The double layer jersey shows up a few times again, which i'm happy about. That cardigan with the patches is a cotton "meshknit" and the close up of the cinchback is actually the back of a pair of pants which are made out of a Japanese cotton/linen blend. These pieces should start hitting shops within a couple weeks, so it's probably worth holding off speculation until then.

Well I put my foot in my mouth
redface.gif

Thanks for the info -- glad to hear some stuff should begin coming out within the next few weeks..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics