• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

coldforge

Reaction score
Don't bother. Anywhere but Martha's Vineyard it just makes you look like a dude who's read The Preppy Handbook.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha. thanks du. how about this shirt? going for the junya vibe without the junya cost.
gatesfield_blue_1_2.jpg
gatesfield_blue_3.jpg

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cant decide on the lens color...
!CB48HGQEWk~$(KGrHqF,!jcE0DIJRP((BNJVdTir5w~~0_3.JPG
or
!B9+ZkYwB2k~$%28KGrHqEOKm4EyyFEhzKZBM7%28Hd1Y!g~~0_3.JPG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jabonator
Looking for some shoes online and found a pair I'm considering now. What do you think? To be worn with black or blue skinny jeans or with slim fitting khaki chinos.
77T62ABRN_large.jpg

Originally Posted by Jabonator
Those were 46£. Looking for something maybe 50-100€. E: Also was thinking about these. 36£. Any better?
77C05VGRY_large.jpg

Both are awful. I'm sure you can do better. I don't like this kind of shoes but trying to help you
biggrin.gif
£40
image1xl.jpg
image3xl.jpg
http://www.asos.com/Asos-Collection/...ort=-1&clr=Tan £72
image1xl.jpg
http://www.asos.com/Sebago/Sebago-Fa...t=-1&clr=Brown £36
image1xl.jpg
http://www.asos.com/Sebago/Sebago-Fa...t=-1&clr=Black £38
image1xl.jpg
http://www.asos.com/Sebago/Sebago-St...&clr=DarkBrown

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Cant decide on the lens color...

!CB48HGQEWk~$(KGrHqF,!jcE0DIJRP((BNJVdTir5w~~0_3.JPG

or

!B9+ZkYwB2k~$%28KGrHqEOKm4EyyFEhzKZBM7%28Hd1Y!g~~0_3.JPG

If they're both polarized, option #2. If option #1 is polarized, option #1.

Persols are such a ***** about what glasses they choose to add polarized lenses to. They'll have a nice model with 4 colorways - one of which will be polarized. meh.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flying lotus i have the second pair (lens colour)
i feel like a fat cuban underlord everytime i put them on ahah

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I wouldn't be surprised if snowman has the most posts in this thread
lol8[1].gif

i should just throw my whole kop list up and see what you guys think.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
and the most "no" responses
its better than taking a formulaic approach like that 123 guy.
(which imo didnt look that bad
biggrin.gif
peepwall[1].gif
)

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I admire your imagination, however I can't help but thinking that you will invariably realize sooner or later that your kops have all been awful decisions thus far (at least what I've seen). You've been shouldibuying a lot of winter outerwear lately.. my advice is to wait until next fall so you can make a more 'choice' selection. Sadly, good winter outerwear seems to have the lowest rate of reaching sales, and the selection is completely mutilated by this point. There was a black Geller parka at Blackbird this past fall that would've looked great on you, but it was sold out before first snow.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i realize that my waywt just look incomplete due to buying pieces that i cant work into fits.

i do the shouldibuy stuff so i can make a more calculated decision.

what geller parka was it? the Glassgow?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ the other one.. It was the black parka. BB was the only retailer I saw who had it and it was the first RG piece to sell out. After following the Snowman parka trilogy, I just think that that probably would've fit best with what seems to be your style. You should probably just go all out with Geller like the dude tvontheradio, who is always placing WTBs on both forums and snatching up tons of Geller ****.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
!CD1e7IQB2k~$(KGrHqN,!i8E0Gg!WS!TBNP41NMLc!~~0_3.JPG

Think it would be possible to cross-lace these over the zipper? Trying to conceptualize what it would look like.

Is that part removable with a tongue underneath? I had a pair of boots similar to that and the zipper part was laced in, and if you laced it over the zipper, the zipper part would no longer be connected to the boot. Ya know what I mean?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
^ the other one.. It was the black parka. BB was the only retailer I saw who had it and it was the first RG piece to sell out. After following the Snowman parka trilogy, I just think that that probably would've fit best with what seems to be your style. You should probably just go all out with Geller like the dude tvontheradio, who is always placing WTBs on both forums and snatching up tons of Geller ****.

lol, i sold him a drapey tee. i have some geller stuff, but i find there can bee two diff aesthetics to his clothing. sort of punk goth (shredded /drapey/tight pants stuff) or workwear (full count/levis collabs/ and his looser fit jeans) ive got the workwear type stuff in light colours, so i dont wear it as much. i posted the jeans in this thread, they were the pre-distressed ones. i actually found the fit to be nice and relaxed, and the distressing was def not as extreme as the roden gray pics suggest.

Originally Posted by mike868y
I miss the days when snowman posted fit pics every day.

haha, just posted one and then read this...thanks mikey
thumbs-up.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
white or black raf velcro highs, if they have my size on gilt?! but i doubt it
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads