• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Monday vs. Nudie

Reaction score
I've been wearing cheap mondays for a while (and for the obvious reason: theyre cheap), but lately ive just been disenchanted with the quality. I've been thinking about going to nudie, but i heard they stretch out a lot; my question is do they stretch out nearly as bad as cheap mondays do?

Reaction score
I think it depends on the cut of the jeans. Most of Nudie jeans will stretch a bit. Not as much as Cheap Mondays though.

Psydelik

Reaction score
I've owned my Slim Jim's for about five months and they haven't stretched to the point where it's really noticeable. They still feel snug, but I definitely don't mind.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psydelik
I've owned my Slim Jim's for about five months and they haven't stretched to the point where it's really noticeable. They still feel snug, but I definitely don't mind.
That's disappointing to hear as I bought them one size down with hope that it would stretch one size in the waist to make it a near perfect fit.
frown.gif

Scooba

Reaction score
That may be fine. Not all Slim Jims are sized the same. I have 1 pair that fits perfect, one that is a little too loose and one that is much to tight and they are all 33 waist. So just wait and see.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
That's disappointing to hear as I bought them one size down with hope that it would stretch one size in the waist to make it a near perfect fit.
frown.gif

Slim Jims will stretch if you sized down for sure... Mine stretched and I had actually bought a size too large (had never worn "non-baggy" pants before and they felt a lot smaller than they were... now I realize they fit more like straight legs than slim fit on me, but I enjoyed them at that point in style so no harm no foul, they were leagues ahead of the bootcut 7fam **** i was wearing before i got them)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Slim Jims will stretch if you sized down for sure... Mine stretched and I had actually bought a size too large (had never worn "non-baggy" pants before and they felt a lot smaller than they were... now I realize they fit more like straight legs than slim fit on me, but I enjoyed them at that point in style so no harm no foul, they were leagues ahead of the bootcut 7fam **** i was wearing before i got them)
How long did it take for them to stretch out in your case? Thanks!

guitarinet

Reaction score
doesnt usually take a long time to stretch. maybe a couple days to a week

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guitarinet
doesnt usually take a long time to stretch. maybe a couple days to a week
That is quite a quick turnaround. I bought these jeans about a month ago and wear them 2 days a week on my days off from work, but they still haven't stretch yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads