• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
gonna reask: anyone know the neck size measurement on a Mo xford?

Just measured. The length from the button sew point to the button hole is exactly 15 inches laying flat.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone advise me on possibly shrinking this marled blazer. i like it but it's just a tad too big so if i can shrink it even like 5-10% i think it'd be good to go.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
I wear a 42 long jacket. 6'1" and 190lbs.

There are two possibilities: I was swimming in the small shirts I was wearing before, or you prefer an extremely fitted shirt.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
There are two possibilities: I was swimming in the small shirts I was wearing before, or you prefer an extremely fitted shirt.

I do prefer a fitted shirt but there was no pull on the buttons, FWIW.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
I have to give props to their customer service staff...

Placed an order last night for 3 or 4 V-neck wool sweaters and the red chambray. Was waffling on the Shaker Shawl Cardigan, but in the end, decided against it.

Woke up this morning regretting not buying the cardigan, so I gave them a call. The order was already in process, but the CSA placed a new order for the sweater and gave me the same discount with free shipping.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus
I have to give props to their customer service staff...

Placed an order last night for 3 or 4 V-neck wool sweaters and the red chambray. Was waffling on the Shaker Shawl Cardigan, but in the end, decided against it.

Woke up this morning regretting not buying the cardigan, so I gave them a call. The order was already in process, but the CSA placed a new order for the sweater and gave me the same discount with free shipping.

shaker shawl is looking really good in the couple fit pics of it, regretting not getting it myself...

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
How are the flannel shirts in terms of fit? I got the plum chambray and really like it - the fit is much better than the oxfords for whatever reason.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
shaker shawl is looking really good in the couple fit pics of it, regretting not getting it myself...
i got it for dad in a small to account for the supposedly big sizing but its an actual small so its no good for him. on the upside i really dig how its a roomy, thick, warm knit in a nice color and it's like 20 bucks so im keeping it.
img0526so.jpg
the marled blazer is pretty good quality and a good way to fake the BoO or W+H blazers at exactly 1/10th of the price. BoO, it's like $380 retail, right?:
boold.png
since it's so cheap i might gamble on attempting to shrink it if someone would advise me on that. otherwise the small would be perfect for someone whose like 5'9.5-10" and 150. as it is, it only looks good on me when i cross my arms lol. i'm cool with that, but the small is just an inch to long in both length and sleeves.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's an even better example of something similar (in look, not quality) but costs 10 ten times as much as the LEC marled blazer. From the recent purchases thread, Ervell Cashmere Blazer

Standard%20Blazer%20Grey%20Twill.jpg

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Can you measure the actual chest and shoulders of your marled blazer? I'm 5'11 170, not sure if small or med.
Originally Posted by max-t
i got it for dad in a small to account for the supposedly big sizing but its an actual small so its no good for him. on the upside i really dig how its a roomy, thick, warm knit in a nice color and it's like 20 bucks so im keeping it. the marled blazer is pretty good quality and a good way to fake the BoO or W+H blazers at exactly 1/10th of the price. BoO, it's like $380 retail, right?: since it's so cheap i might gamble on attempting to shrink it if someone would advise me on that. otherwise the small would be perfect for someone whose like 5'9.5-10" and 150. as it is, it only looks good on me when i cross my arms lol. i'm cool with that, but the small is just an inch to long in both length and sleeves.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max-t
since it's so cheap i might gamble on attempting to shrink it if someone would advise me on that. otherwise the small would be perfect for someone whose like 5'9.5-10" and 150. as it is, it only looks good on me when i cross my arms lol. i'm cool with that, but the small is just an inch to long in both length and sleeves.

Measurements for the small marled blazer would be awesome (shoulders and sleeves in particular)

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16.25 across the shoulders
25.25 sleeves
19 across the chest

hope im not too off

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Can you measure the actual chest and shoulders of your marled blazer? I'm 5'11 170, not sure if small or med.

You should be a medium. Def. not small at 5'11" and 170

rs5088

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
I'm 5'11 170, not sure if small or med.
A guy posted pics a few pages back that was 6'2'' and 140 and the small was pulling at his chest so I ordered a medium.(I'm 6'2'' and 175). Another guy was able to shrink his a little bit in the wash with a hot dry. idk, I'm hoping the medium works out well for me, but for $38 im not too worried. hope that helps a little. edit: above posts beat me to it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads