• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm.... I know you don't make the rules Zis, but having to pay $56 more does not seem that fair for having them go up only one size. It's not a lot of money, I know, but it's more the principle of the thing. If they're suddenly going to charge by size, why not knock 40% off of the $280 for a size 38 if they're suddenly going by this 20% more per size nonsense?

I could honestly understand charging that much for a larger size like a 48-52 which would use closer to 20% more fabric, but paying 20% for maybe an extra 5 to 10% worth of fabric doesn't show a lot of integrity in my mind.
plain.gif

I'll have to think about it but my initial reaction is not too happy with that 20% flat rate.

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I've just received word that the price increase is 20% for sizes 44 and larger.

Unfortunate but makes sense: brings the price in line with the Inventory collab ($335).

I'm actually going to drop by tomorrow to see how their 44 fits... whether the slightly longer sleeves and body they requisitioned bring the fit within reach for me. Not optimistic about how the oatmeal colour will look on me, however.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Islander
Unfortunate but makes sense: brings the price in line with the Inventory collab ($335).

I'm actually going to drop by tomorrow to see how their 44 fits... whether the slightly longer sleeves and body they requisitioned bring the fit within reach for me. Not optimistic about how the oatmeal colour will look on me, however.

Does it make sense? Even the small there is $335. It all seems so arbitrary to me.

Definitely report back on the 44 fit though; I'd like to hear your input.

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
Does it make sense? Even the small there is $335. It all seems so arbitrary to me.

Definitely report back on the 44 fit though; I'd like to hear your input.

Not saying it's fair, just observing that the markup erases the group order discount. I'll let you know how the Inventory one fits.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm.... I know you don't make the rules Zis, but having to pay $56 more does not seem that fair for having them go up only one size. It's not a lot of money, I know, but it's more the principle of the thing. If they're suddenly going to charge by size, why not knock 40% off of the $280 for a size 38 if they're suddenly going by this 20% more per size nonsense?

I could honestly understand charging that much for a larger size like a 48-52 which would use closer to 20% more fabric, but paying 20% for maybe an extra 5 to 10% worth of fabric doesn't show a lot of integrity in my mind.
plain.gif

I'll have to think about it but my initial reaction is not too happy with that 20% flat rate.

What do you want them to do? Charge a different price for every single size? There has to be a cutoff somewhere, and yours is it. That's the breaks.

Also, do you understand what surface area is? A 44 is helluva lot more than 5% more yarn over a 36. I'm gonna guess 35-40% more.

Anyways, if you are really that cheap, size down and put that **** on a frame for a week to stretch it out.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
What do you want them to do? Charge a different price for every single size? There has to be a cutoff somewhere, and yours is it. That's the breaks.

Also, do you understand what surface area is? A 44 is helluva lot more than 5% more yarn over a 36. I'm gonna guess 35-40% more.

Anyways, if you are really that cheap, size down and put that **** on a frame for a week to stretch it out.

Yes, I feel I have a pretty good grasp of surface area. My estimate of 5 to 10% more yarn was the difference between a 42 and a 44, not between a 36 and a 44, which is closer to your estimate. And I also stated that the price wasn't the issue, it was simply the principle of the matter.

Obviously that's the breaks, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or play along with the notion that it's fair and/or reasonable.

Anyway, I'm gonna drop it now to avoid anymore thread-crapping. If you need me, I'll be in my basement stretching the normal sized sweaters I had to purchase to make my *****-sized sweaters.
musicboohoo[1].gif

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who has ordered already? What color choice?
If I take a 38 in the Epaulet Heirloom Cardi (19" P2P) would it be safe to assume I would be a 38 in this one?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Quite TTS, I would say. I have a 39" chest and recently ordered a size 38 6A cardigan. It was really tight and short on me with an OCBD underneath. I just might go with a 42 this time, but at least a 40.
^edubs id say go tts so yeah 38. zissou's comment on his exp ... so assuming your epaulet 38 aint skin tight you shoudl be good to go dude color choices make this so freaking hard haha i ended up with clerical ... inspired by these pics
059a.jpg
009aa.jpg
http://secondstage.blog.ocn.ne.jp/bl...ber-cardi.html

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

plain.gif

What can I say? I, and likely the shop, are just the messengers. Obviously, it would be more fair to charge, say, 5% more for each larger size, but apparently Inverallan does not do that. Compare it to Japanese prices (pretty much the only other sources) and it's still a deal. That said, it's not like you have to buy one and someone is gouging you.

Originally Posted by Islander
Not saying it's fair, just observing that the markup erases the group order discount.
Only if you want oatmeal. If you want any other color, then there is still a huge discount over Japan.

Islander

Reaction score
Only if you want oatmeal. If you want any other color, then there is still a huge discount over Japan.
True dat. Still wishing this project every success, can't wait to see the pics.
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i ended up with clerical ... inspired by these pics
VERY nice

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What can I say? I, and likely the shop, are just the messengers. Obviously, it would be more fair to charge, say, 5% more for each larger size, but apparently Inverallan does not do that. Compare it to Japanese prices (pretty much the only other sources) and it's still a deal. That said, it's not like you have to buy one and someone is gouging you.

No, it's cool and you're right, it is still a deal when compared to the Rakuten shops. I just want the deal that everybody else on SF is getting.
smile.gif

It's just frustrating when you make the effort to take care of yourself by staying in shape, eating well, etc., but still feel like you're getting stuck with the fat man's tax.

By the way, is Inventory the shop you're working with?

I'm debating between the light brown tweed (Gritstone?) and just breaking down and getting the Oatmeal one at Inventory. One I can get in 9 months and the other I can get in 9 days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads