• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

nowiremember

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
You can buy them directly from Dayton in that style. Let's not get into that discussion though...

i also dont want to get into the discussion but i just recieved my service boots right from dayton in an amazing black leather. too bad i just broke my ankle id love to be working them in already.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[edit to avoid any confusion: sneakers below - still trying to determine if SS or FW11. Looking like FW, though]
529e3910.jpg
980c6e7d.jpg
ab326dc9.jpg
9529464c.jpg
870f5989.jpg
f63922f2.jpg
d1f3e514.jpg
a7a1d273.jpg
b6c43990.jpg
Heritage Research for W+H, FW'11 (Preview):
f643694d.jpg
0b67e81a.jpg
I like almost all of this posted, but have some personal criticisms that i'd like to type soon. If ya'll want me to hide the pics please kindly let me know.. photo credits, hypebeast, slamxhype, selectism

Brinbro

Reaction score
That last jacket is SS '11? Must have. Why are their best jackets coming out in Spring and not this past Fall?

Brinbro

Reaction score
Thank you! I was trying to figure out how I'd be able to afford two jackets this spring along with loan payments. It didn't show up in the lookbook either, which is why I was a little curious.

Donut

Reaction score
What are the madras shirts usually priced?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that cardigan with the elbow patches...do want.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
b6c43990.jpg

An uninspired mish-mash of heather terry loop and somewhat awkwardly placed trend-clinging elbow and pocket patches made out of the standard double-henley/cotton tube scarf material? Just see a lot of recycled flavors and fabrics. Not that w+h reinvents itself every year with huge progressive design changes -- just feel a little underwhelmed. But again, SHORTS and PANTS for me, moving forward. Tops are hurting. I also fear everyone and their brother will be featuring contrast collars this year - gingham and madras. Will the W+H version justify a $120.00 price tag..? edit; and of course - the zip sneakers are sick. Good luck gettin um!! (note tho sneakers are looking like FW)

Brinbro

Reaction score
Hmm. No offense but how long have you been following the brand? Considering their 'humble' beginnings and their early identity crises I'm just glad they're putting out product. The brand is built around wearable basics, interesting proprietary fabrics, and a slim cut at relatively 'affordable' prices. For someone who seemingly bought all of last season you're pretty critical of a brand that is never going to be what you seem to want them to be. I'm perfectly happy with their direction and can't wait to get my hand on more jackets and hoodies.
blush.gif

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed the sweatpants are back at Blackbird. I read the thread but didn't find any sizing info on these.. I'm a 30 in W+H chinos and shorts (which actually measure closer 33" as you all know). Should I buy a Small or Medium? Also, do the ties at the hem have metal ends on them? I've seen this done too many times and always wonder WTF?

Milksauce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Anyone know if the zip sneaks are S/S or F/W?

Did you bother reading a few pages back or a few posts up? (Those pictures not labeled as F/W are S/S)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads