• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
So I went to the Daffy's in SoHo and found tons of Mabitex. Lots of sizes 34-38. Decent number of 30-32 and 40+. Not tons of wool, but lots of chinos. Also, seem to have gotten in a good bit of spring/summery type pants. Many of the chinos are marked 19.99 with (I think) 25% add'l off.

I picked up two no-name shirts that I love from a brand called "Bonser." I have no idea who makes these, but they have big thick MOP buttons. The best part- $11 a shirt.

I wish I lived near a Daffy's
frown.gif

Anyway you could proxy some of those Bonser shirts in a size 17/43? I'm obsessed with MOP buttons right now
drool.gif

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
The Bonser shirts are pretty good, if I recall correctly (good fabrics, good stitching, good buttons), but they are cut very slim and their collars struck me as a bit big. But good shirt no doubt.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
bonser shirts are made by truzzi

I have read that other places as well. I've heard the same about the Mastai Ferretti shirts. However, I do not own any Truzzi shirts so cannot compare the three.

Is it verified?

joezm81

Reaction score
In addition to Bonser and Mastai Ferretti, there are a couple of other brands which Daffy's occasionally carries that seem to be made by Truzzi in the same factory.
However, I've noticed that there is a lot of variability in terms of quality with all these "Truzzi factory" brands.

Also, I own quite a few Truzzi shirts and pretty much all of these other shirts don't have any real handwork, though I've seen some in the exact material/pattern with nice MOP buttons and collars.

If you are looking for nice quality, slim fit shirts (many of these shirts are darted) these brands represent an excellent value. especially at the Daffy's price point.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shnoop.com has a sweet Accutron automatic chronograph for $495 after coupon code save5.

LINK

This is a great deal. I have an Accuron with a 7750 movement. It looks great, runs accurately and receives lots of compliments.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Shnoop.com has a sweet Accutron automatic chronograph for $495 after coupon code save5.

LINK

This is a great deal. I have an Accuron with a 7750 movement. It looks great, runs accurately and receives lots of compliments.

I saw this too. Cheapest you can find on this model. I was considering buying one, but noticed the 44MM case. That is too big for my stick thin wrists.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I saw this too. Cheapest you can find on this model. I was considering buying one, but noticed the 44MM case. That is too big for my stick thin wrists.

I haven't seen these for less than $1,000 anywhere. Here is a LINK to the watch on Amazon. They have better pictures there. They list it as a 43mm case diameter.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a big circular rack of Burberry London outwear at Nordstrom Rack on State Street in Chicago. Macs and some wool car coats. Not B&S forum prices, but a couple hundred off retail.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I haven't seen these for less than $1,000 anywhere. Here is a LINK to the watch on Amazon. They have better pictures there. They list it as a 43mm case diameter.

interesting. someone must have gotten hold off some cheap ones, b/c perusing ebay there are a few new ones of the same model that have sold for even less

like here

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daffy's in Philadelphia has Hackett jackets for $60 or 70, forgot. Made in England. They had a few cotton Navy blazers in 40R, 44R. They also had one nice linen navy blazer in a 40R. Damn things were a bit too short for me but were really nice. There was also a pretty awesome bright orange sport coat. Pitti here I come! Alas... too short for me too.
ffffuuuu.gif
They also have a ton of Charles Tyrwhitt seersucker jackets. Nearly all sizes in a somewhat boxy cut. Didn't fit me well. No 38R.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some nice stuff in the current hickey freeman sale on their website

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Groupon for Context Clothing $50 gets you a $100 of merchandise. Nice way to get $50 off a purchase of the Alden Roy boot preorder some clothing. Go to Groupon and look under Milwaukee and you'll see the deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads