• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and another suggestion from mike, using a clothes steamer. i haven't yet pulled the trigger on getting one, but i probably should. i guess is the best way to take care of clothes and get rid of wrinkles.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Questionnfor the other chino owners. Mine come out of the laundry too wrinkles to wear and I hate ironing. Do any of you take them to be pressed? Wear as is or iron them yourselves? Thanks

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Totally agree. In fact, I was going to say something about solids and casual, but thought about the Stewarts and changed my mind.

I iron them myself, mainly because I know I do a better job than most cleaners would. There's no substitute for hand-pressing.

PorterInjax, are you drying your chinos in the dryer? If you do, use the permanent-press option; that'll leave a little bit of moisture in the fabric, which helps get rid of wrinkles (whether you iron, steam, or do nothing). If you don't have that option, then use a lower heat setting and/or don't leave them in there too long.

I just hang dry mine.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
PorterInjax, are you drying your chinos in the dryer? If you do, use the permanent-press option; that'll leave a little bit of moisture in the fabric, which helps get rid of wrinkles (whether you iron, steam, or do nothing). If you don't have that option, then use a lower heat setting and/or don't leave them in there too long.

I just hang dry mine.

I typically put them in the dryer for about five minutes on low to get rid of some of the moisture, then hang to dry.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then smooth out the wrinkles with your hands before you hang to dry. Also try hanging them by the hems, so that the weight of the extra fabric around the waistband pulls them down.

Basically, you're going to have to put some effort into keeping wrinkles out. Or just don't care.
biggrin.gif

dsoren

Reaction score
Totally agree. In fact, I was going to say something about solids and casual, but thought about the Stewarts and changed my mind.

That's actually the pair that I had in mind. Don't know if I have the steez to rock those.

Speaking of steez, thoughts on the digicamo chinos? I have seen some pics of Mark McNairy wearing a similar pair and they look pretty sweet...I feel like it would be a difficult look to pull of though.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ scott.m wears his to great effect.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about the digicams. I think they would be easy to pull off, but would definitely be attention grabbers, which some may not want. Easier to pull off than some other epaulet pants.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ready for some new stuff to drop...what is on the website that I want isn't available in my size! Was prepared to spend some $ this eve on orders but alas, not to be

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the cotton tape that runs along the outseam of the riveted chinos shrink after washing causing upward ripples along the seam?

IGF-1

Reaction score
how do black smiths look with some wear? colorfast, or faded?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Is it just me or does the cotton tape that runs along the outseam of the riveted chinos shrink after washing causing upward ripples along the seam?

Think so...also think this is part of what contributes to the wrinkling...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nbernie
Mike, Any chance of seeing something similar to those donnegal Walts you had in october/november? I didn't move fast enough and they are still my biggest sartorial regret.
I wish we could - the tweed pants that I have up now are the last ones of the season. I actually made up all the tweed that I could find. I have one more style to put online though - it's a "Pewter" Donegal tweed that we have in-store, but I neglected to shoot in the last studio session. I should have sizes 30-36 available, feel free to PM me if you're interested.
Just placed a big order yesterday and had a nice phone chat with Mike. I'll be adding this to my closet: - Alden whiskey shell cordovan longwings (if they're too big, I'll exchange them for burgundy) - Thorogood No. 685 boots - Gitman Ashland tartan shirt - Glen plaid flannel trousers - Chocolate flannel trousers - Gunmetal gray rivet chinos This brings my Epaulet inventory up to 11 shirts, 8 trousers, 4 chinos, 3 shoes, 3 ties, 1 denim, and 1 scarf. YAY! Good luck on your trip today, Mike. - Keith
Thank you sir! That's a pretty killer selection there! Keep it up and you'll be rivaling Weird Al's selection of Vans someday!
weird_al_shoes.jpg
Originally Posted by slide13
Just got my OD Rivet chinos in and am very impressed, the fabric is wonderful and has the nice casual feel I was hoping for. Color is great as well. Haven't had a chance to try them on yet but if they fit as good as I suspect they will I will definitely be pickup up some more of these Rivet chinos in the future. I'm just starting my Epaulet collection (3 shirts and these pants so far) but I look forward to getting more. Thanks for a great deal on some killer pants Mike!
Thank you sir - glad that you're pleased with it!
Originally Posted by pwnstar
Any contrast collar shirts on the horizon?
Hmm, not for the moment, but we've got some interesting point-collar oxfords and a hysterical mash-up shirt coming in about 3 weeks or so.
Originally Posted by dsoren
New rule: from now on, I'm exclusively buying Epaulet shirts. Got my first shipment in from Epaulet today. Seriously, these shirts are perfect. I am just under 6'0 145lbs - and smalls fit me pretty well. Except my problem is ALWAYS in the arms. Most shirts (Gitman, J. Crew) hit me about a half inch to an inch above my wrist. No problem if I want to roll up the sleeves, but damn it, I want long sleeve shirts that fit. And so, Epaulet to the rescue: Fit is impeccable, colors are perfect, fabric is soft, construction is amazing. These are literally the perfect shirts. And they come in a super nice gift box with hand-written notes. That's customer service. Mike & Adele know what's up. I also copped a Gitman Vintage final sale shirt from Epaulet. I thought I was going to be let down after trying on my Epaulet shirt, but the Gitman fits me well too! The cut is almost identical to my Epaulet shirt, and fits differently than my Gitman Vintage from Context. What's up with that? Anyway, Epaulet is teh ****.
Thank you sir, really glad that you're pleased with everything! The shirt's a perfect fit on you.
Originally Posted by Gingahbman
Any chance for some green button ups (OCBD perhaps?) for those of us who like to show a little class on St. Patty's... before losing said class by drinking too much, puking, blacking out, and hooking up with unsavory women (not necessarily in this order)
smile.gif
?

Oooh, not from us, but I've got some Gant Rugger shirts coming in within the next couple of days - we might have something in there. But, I can attest that even our non-green Epaulet shirts are still very puke/black out/unsavory hook-up friendly. Well, at least the puking part. I'm married after all. I have to vicariously live through the black out's and hook ups of others.
Originally Posted by Basic
I got these for my birthday around the beginning of December. I have worn them 3-4 times a week since. I really love them and the character they are starting to show. Big props for making such a great product.
worship.gif

Awesome, glad that you like them and thanks for posting up pics!
Originally Posted by Teger
part 2 of restock question: basic fabric grey trousers?
Yes, we've actually got them right now - medium grey and light grey Super 120's dress trousers. Do you need Rudy or Walt fit?
Originally Posted by slide13
Thanks for the feedback on the lawn fabric. I love the ginghams but not sure I'll like that light of a fabric...I may give it a try though along with one of the flap pocket button downs that I know I want.
Definitely consider it. I was shocked at how many lawn shirts that we sold - even throughout the winter time. It's a great layering pieces, and the Japanese fabric is really tough for its light weight.
Originally Posted by breakz
Just exchanged a pair of Smiths for gunmetal gray chinos, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mike and Adele!
Thank you!
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
the Stewart plaid trousers in particular would look killer in a more casual setting.
Truth. Really, the Black Stewart trousers are about the most awesome thing on Earth. My staff will attest that I personally wear them three or four times a week. They can be hardcore trad with a navy blazer or easily worn casually with chucks and an untucked shirt. Embrace the plaid! And they're Dicky Barrett approved...
414b9c_ltpboss20101224.jpg
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis
and another suggestion from mike, using a clothes steamer. i haven't yet pulled the trigger on getting one, but i probably should. i guess is the best way to take care of clothes and get rid of wrinkles.
Truth again. Seriously, a $50 clothes steamer is a great investment. I use on nearly every day. All of our trousers come with deep-set creases from being folded and shipped. The steamer easily knocks those out before we hand them in the store. It's really easy, and no ironing board is needed.
Originally Posted by dsoren
Speaking of steez, thoughts on the digicamo chinos? I have seen some pics of Mark McNairy wearing a similar pair and they look pretty sweet...I feel like it would be a difficult look to pull of though.
This gentleman was kind enough to model the digicams in all sorts of ways. Check it out for fit ideas: http://www.eyefivestyle.com/2010/10/...-chino-in.html

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God damn it, I was scrolling through this page and at a glance, thought the colorful Weird Al picture was some teaser product pic of a future Epaulet release.

Mike, if we're talking about crazy pants and blazers, I'm going to just put it out there. I want you to make a blazer similar to the one seen in this video:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads