• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help starting a new life, without drugs.. Only 19 etc

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
So here's the thing. I became affiliated with the wrong crowd and made some major mistakes in my life. Unlike most people who take a turn down this path, I, thankfully, was able to realize what was going wrong and I put a stop to it. I moved out my apartment and started to disconnect my ties with people who I felt were bad influences. I started over, moving to my parent's house ten minutes down the road and stopping the smoking of weed, snorting of cocaine, and taking 11 triple c's to get as fucked up as I could. It was pretty pathetic, actually. I hated myself. Still do. But that is besides the point. I was good kid before all this, and I still believe I am. My grades in college went as follows: 1st Semeter- 3.5gpa, 2nd Semester- 1.7 3rd Semester- 0.00.... Yeah, ******** up pretty bad. But I am able to retake classes to fix my GPA, so it's not irreversible. There's some short background into this post.

So, now, I am living at home extremely bored looking for any source of enjoyment at all. I have no friends, because they all still cling onto their drugs like it's their ******* binky. They look at me like I'm some sort of bible thumping newborn christian. I don't want anything to do with them anymore. I still love to party and drink, and I feel like I can balance that with school because I was doing that before, but I am kind of over that whole stage. I'm only 19. I have been partying hard at this university since I was about 14, so it's not a new life for me.

I am focusing on school, and giving it's partying's old spot as my number one priority. I'm super proud of myself, but no one else seems to be. All my friends are still immature and think that buying a ******* gram of cocaine and blowing it, then buying two more the same night, then buying 3 e pills... is okay. It might be, but I don't want that to be me. I don't want that reputation.

So I don't really know what to do! I'm just so damn bored all the time with no friends. It's pretty terrible, especially being an extremely social person who thrived from friends. My family is essentially nothing in my life, so friend's were basically my family. I am considering pledging a frat, because one of my friends, who's not a complete **** up, is a brother there. We are decent friends and I feel like it would give me social life again without necessarily being tied into the drugs and immaturity. Mind you, I'm still a kid though, so although some of the fraternity aspects may seem immature to you, not all of them are immature to me. I still love becoming intoxicated and seducing women! Haha, yeah.

My point is, how the hell am I supposed to completely get over my old life and move forward to a life where I'm content without as much partying, and still focus on school? I need some sort of social life! I'm really dependent on other people, it's pretty disgusting actually, so I can't simply just sit at home, do homework, then masturbate and fall asleep. It doesn't work for me.

This is a lot of unecessary rambling, so I apologize. I'm just looking for some sort of advice, maybe from someone who has been in a situation similar to mine? I don't know.

thirditem

Reaction score
you_mad.jpg

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Ive been there...quit the sauce and stopped doing coke. It was really hard for me...it was a total lifestyle change. Get a job. get a girlfriend. Now i turn my attention to other hobbies. clothes, shoe shining, music, cooking, pistols, etc. everytime i drive to work and take the interstate that loops around downtown nashville, i still kinda miss my old life. but im too old now to stay up past 10
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

BP348

Reaction score
I agree with Texas. You can find plenty of decent clubs at school to find ways to give you something to do. Sounds like you could spend a bunch of time hitting the books to bring your GPA back up.

As far as the drugs and alcohol goes you need to stay completely away from both. Last thing you need is to get drunk and then have someone offer you some weed or coke. Plus there is the whole fact that you're only 19 so alcohol is illegal anyway. You may think you can use alcohol and stay away from drugs but the odds and your past history say that you can't.

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
Ive been there...quit the sauce and stopped doing coke. It was really hard for me...it was a total lifestyle change. Get a job. get a girlfriend. Now i turn my attention to other hobbies. clothes, shoe shining, music, cooking, pistols, etc. everytime i drive to work and take the interstate that loops around downtown nashville, i still kinda miss my old life. but im too old now to stay up past 10
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah exactly. Sometimes I'll see something that reminds me of cocaine or something, and I will get a little sad. I hate that. It feels like it's an old girlfriend or something that depresses you when you find yourself reminiscing about her. But it's definitely for the best. Yeah, I'm interested in writing, reading, school, clothes... etc. I am just getting into clothes though, trying to learn all about styleeeee.

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
I agree with Texas. You can find plenty of decent clubs at school to find ways to give you something to do. Sounds like you could spend a bunch of time hitting the books to bring your GPA back up.

As far as the drugs and alcohol goes you need to stay completely away from both. Last thing you need is to get drunk and then have someone offer you some weed or coke. Plus there is the whole fact that you're only 19 so alcohol is illegal anyway. You may think you can use alcohol and stay away from drugs but the odds and your past history say that you can't.

Truth. This may sound ridiculous, but I don't even know how to meet girls without being at a party. I don't necessarily mean being drunk. It's just different being in a classroom or a laundry mat than standing in line for the keg at the frat. You know? It's so weird.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Trendsetter
Truth. This may sound ridiculous, but I don't even know how to meet girls without being at a party. I don't necessarily mean being drunk. It's just different being in a classroom or a laundry mat than standing in line for the keg at the frat. You know? It's so weird.

Well, that's kinda how it is when you start over. I can't tell you that the rest of us are all that much more comfortable chatting up women even on our best day, so join the club.

Good luck, man.

The Trendsetter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Well, that's kinda how it is when you start over. I can't tell you that the rest of us are all that much more comfortable chatting up women even on our best day, so join the club.

Good luck, man.

Yeah. I'm used to getting it in on the reg

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Trendsetter

So I don't really know what to do! I'm just so damn bored all the time with no friends. It's pretty terrible, especially being an extremely social person who thrived from friends. My family is essentially nothing in my life, so friend's were basically my family. I am considering pledging a frat, because one of my friends, who's not a complete **** up, is a brother there. We are decent friends and I feel like it would give me social life again without necessarily being tied into the drugs and immaturity. Mind you, I'm still a kid though, so although some of the fraternity aspects may seem immature to you, not all of them are immature to me. I still love becoming intoxicated and seducing women! Haha, yeah.

you have give up booze as well to live a life without drugs...
confused.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where are you located?

12 Step Programs are available ( for free ) worldwide. Even online if necessary.

It will be much easier to quit for good if you don't try it alone, and AA is known as the best resource available. It is not the only way to quit but it will be a much easier way than most.

Start here.

Note that even though it is named Alcoholics Anonymous, it has become a mixture of Alkies, druggies, and cross addicts. Go to a meeting and listen at first. Then when you hear someone say something you like, try to talk to them one on one.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar situation, try joining a Frat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads