• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

Keyboard Warrior

Reaction score
Dug up some old info on Sufu. According to Kiya:

1."Arcuates on the rear pockets must not resemble the Levi's arcuate in ANY way shape or form."
2."There are to be NO tabs attatched between two pieces of fabric on the rear pockets."

That being said, the new sammie arcs are quite similar to Levi's unlike SDA. Notwithstanding the tab is there and obviously red...

Not sure how much ******* happened, but I smell a new lawsuit coming

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
The red tab is indeed a trademark from Levi's. And the trademark is a "red" tab. That is why you sometimes see Levi's jeans with a plain red tab and only the R in the circle.

But all that is not the case in Japan. Levi's didn't apply for the trademark in Japan. So companies there can use the red tab without a problem. The problem is, when they sell the jeans that way to other countries

Aries83

Reaction score
Fascinating stuff, thanks for the info chaps.

Yes I assumed there was something parodic in the arcs, I actually think SDA have the ugliest arcs of the lot, but as whatever123 says, easy enough to remove.

JRyder

Reaction score
I agree, arcs in general are usually pretty hidieous. I have a hard time coming up with one that I actually like...except for the classics of course. Sammies are not the worst. I still prefer without, repro waists are enough of a parody for me.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior
Dug up some old info on Sufu. According to Kiya: 1."Arcuates on the rear pockets must not resemble the Levi's arcuate in ANY way shape or form." 2."There are to be NO tabs attatched between two pieces of fabric on the rear pockets." That being said, the new sammie arcs are quite similar to Levi's unlike SDA. Notwithstanding the tab is there and obviously red... Not sure how much ******* happened, but I smell a new lawsuit coming
this is SO OLD and not even worth discussing anymore, imo
smile.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK
It's out! Samurai's new AI model. S510AI-OGSP
Those are nice! Any changes to the stitching to help prevent those crotch blowouts common to the S5000AI-10SP? I like the details, just wish the cut wasn't so wide.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
who besides blm14 had such a crotch blowout? haven't heard anything if they've done something about that issue. I like the S510 cut. It suits me
wink.gif
s0510xxpostsoakred.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Those are nice! Any changes to the stitching to help prevent those crotch blowouts common to the S5000AI-10SP? I like the details, just wish the cut wasn't so wide.
when you say "common" what exactly do you mean? ive only heard of one person having that problem.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who besides blm14 had such a crotch blowout? haven't heard anything if they've done something about that issue.
Originally Posted by whatever123
when you say "common" what exactly do you mean? ive only heard of one person having that problem.
I had one on mine after 4 months of effective wear, and it was pretty light wear for me. Another friend of mine not only had a crotch blowout, half of one of his back pockets came off after less than 2 months of effective wear (he wore his harder than I did). There's no denying that the denim on that model is too abrasive for the type of all-cotton stitching that Samurai used on those jeans.
I like the S510 cut. It suits me
wink.gif

510 cut looks good on you. How did you size?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SupeMassivePowerTrip
360 AUD/USD for s710 shipped, still a better choice than skull 5010xx 6x6 at $265?
I'd say so. Samurai construction quality is better than Skull's, plus, Skull's newer denim isn't quite as nice as what they had before. It depends on how you want them to fit, though. 710 is a little bit of a looser cut than the 5010, so if you want a tighter fit, you may end up opting for the Skulls regardless.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
ah ok.

had the S5000Ai-10SP a rough feel? the weft has ink dyed bamboo in it, IIRC. but that really sux hearing such stories from a high-end pair of jeans. shouldn't happen. did you ever contact Samurai?

The fit is sized down one with Lot.12 but measured only 0,5" bigger than tagged.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
There's no denying that the denim on that model is too abrasive for the type of all-cotton stitching that Samurai used on those jeans.
if true you would think they would change to at least a blend stitching. i will see if i can find out if it was a persistent issue or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads