• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boggi

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sqweegle
Could someone tell me definitively how their sizes are? Would a Large correspond to an italian size 50 (ie relatively small)?

50 Jacket? Normally Italian sizes a L is sized for a 40 " chest. Rarely a touch smaller. But can be a little bigger.

That's normal Italian sizing.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They just opened a store on Calle Serrano, on of the two main high-end shopping streets in Madrid. Although not everything there is high end. Massimo Dutti (Inditex) also has a shop there. And, actually, at a first look, Boggi reminded me a bit of Massimo Dutti.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When thinking about it... I just checked a belt that I bought at an Italian airport shop a few years ago, and yes, it is a Boggi belt. Sorry to say that it is probably one of my crappiest belts. But I will check out the shop they got here to get a more complete idea, I guess that it is not fair to judge them by one single item.

IsteRed

Reaction score
I was in Boggi store in Italy,i liked their style a lot,good quality and very good prices.But i went to their shop in Dubai and the prices were like triple time more expensive(same story with Harmont and Blaine) and they had not so many choices.When i'll go to Italy next time i'll definitely visit their shop.

sqweegle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ in what ? sweater or outerwear ?

Sorry, outerwear.

Originally Posted by Nicola
50 Jacket? Normally Italian sizes a L is sized for a 40 " chest. Rarely a touch smaller. But can be a little bigger.

That's normal Italian sizing.

Again, sorry for being unclear, I wasn't referring to the ches measurement, but rather the size. From my experience an italian size 50 is at least two sizes smaller than an "ordinary" 50 here in scandinavia. 40 inches souds right. Which brings me back to my question; is Boggis sizing "averagely italian"?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's typical northern Italian mid-market stuff. Quite a SF-friendly aesthetic. Not a bad shop at all for what it is.

KayJay85

Reaction score
Hopefully this helps

I have bought trousers and a down jacket from Boggi
I found the trousers fit TTS as did the jacket, however I believe they had numbered sizes rather than S/M/L

I can check the jacket again tonight to make sure

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sqweegle
Anyone?
Their sizing is smaller than UK, in other words a large is small on me where most UK brands would be my size. I cannot confirm if this is true of everything they make.

faisal

Reaction score
Hello

I need your help with locating an old collection zip up blue hoodie from boggi!

Regards
Faisal

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the tweedy feel to a lot of it. A lot of it reminds me of something you'd see in the Andover Shop catalogue.

Hard to tell about the cuts given the limited scope of the photographs, but I like the looks overall.

Andover Shop? Not really.
Much too fashionable.
Cut(s) at the Andover Shop are entirely different .
Also, the Andover Shop is truly tweedy, not
like this stuff.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Seeing this thread reminds me how much I want TRINI's quilted blazer from Boggi. Frustrating. :brick:

Last edited:

Wongtouski

Reaction score
We just got BOGGI in HK, however the prices seem wildly overpriced compared to the online shop, can anyone verify the huge price diff?

Their cotton blazers are $6500 HKD (830USD) and I tried on a denim shirt that was $1390 (178USD)

Displacement

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea where to find measurements of Boggi suits online? I tried on a 50EU when I was in Italy that was too large but didn't think to try on the 48. It's probably too much of a risk to buy a suit from them without trying it on but there are just so few domestic options for shawl collar suits that I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads