• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ck calvin klein

ratratan

Reaction score
what are the opinions on the line? shirts, suits, accessories, shoes...

i gather from wiki that this is the second tier line that is licensed.

i'm thinking of them as more "affordable" minimalist clothes at least for me since the only time i can purchase a prada/ jil suit is on deep discount.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
You have a lot to learn young one...

thats putting it mildly.
wink.gif

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really mass produced junk. Sometimes non-quality items can still look "cool," but ck even misses that mark. I'd avoid it like the plague. Look around on the sales forum here for some deals and lurk a little to see what's recommended.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
+1 to the above, although Asian/Euro CK Calvin Klein tends to be much better than what we get over here in the States. There, it is the "bridge" line between the regular Calvin Klein (which is garbage) and CK Collection and is fairly pricey for what you get.

Really, though, only Calvin Klein Collection is any count, in the grand scheme of things. With Italo Zucchelli, it is consistently one of my "go-to" brands for well done minimal wear.

andrew96

Reaction score
You want to know the truth? Nobody will tell you this, and you won't beleive me because everyone has bought the mainia, but it's true. Yes, dressing in Armani makes you look better, but a well fitted CK suit looks 1,000X better than a badly fitted Armani. Style is 99% taste, and 1% brands. It's called the law of Diminishing Return, you buy a $1,000 Yugo, it's junk, it'll fall apart soon, you buy a $20,000 Toyota, it will last for 300,000 miles, you buy a $40,000 Toyota, it'll last longer, but not by much. When ever the price rises, the quality does equally, until you reach the point, in which price rises faster than quality. In short, it's not great, but you'll look fine in it and if you can't afford better, than it's fine. I'd rather shop the BrooksBrother's outlet though, it's about the same cost. Good clothes last better, they look nearly the same though. Mass production is your friend guys, that's the only reason you have the luxury of such inexpensive goods.

ratratan

Reaction score
so any suggestions to brands i should purchase instead?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Calvin Klein Collection light overcoat a few years ago and it is going strong. I think it was around 75% off so I was not complaining but I do like the clean lines and it gets regular usage during spring/fall rainy days.

CK, Jil Sander, Prada, etc. do not get much love here on SF but I do own a handful of clothes from them (mainly coats, ties, and shirts). I bought them all on sale, use them regularly, and find them to be a nice change of pace from the RLPL, C&J, etc. stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads