• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your watch thread

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hasn't come off my wrist for the last few days. Steinhart SAWLE
img48442.jpg
I really like watches with cushion cases, like the ones from the 70s. I'd love to own the Sinn 142.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I might be getting a new watch soon...
What do you have on your mind? As an accessory, watches are underrated among today's generation.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I am getting a Jaeger LeCoultre. I decided to get something minimal as a dress watch.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seiko sport chronograph 150 its like 20 years old now, my dad bought it in the early 90s it now belongs to me
RyIVJ.jpg

Logan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gateslion
Couldn't get my camera to take a good pic over the glare, but here's a stock photo.
y_images_Bulova%20Mens%20Watches%20Skeleton_0.jpg
Bulova BVA 510 series. Self winding automatic mechanical motion. Skeleton face, transparent caseback. Pretty sweepy second hand. Admittedly a lot of peoples first impression seeing it in pictures is "kind of big" and "really busy" but its much more subdued when its actually on your wrist. Plus I rock this semi casual, from jeans and T-shirts to a night out at the club. Kinda of bold and my style. I wouldn't try to pair this with a suit or take it to the office though. When I decide to step up, I do have my eye on a nice bold sportier patterned Omega Speedmaster. Oh man, I am not willing to drop the cash required at this point in my life but the Tag Grand Carrera auto chornograph is soooooo sick.

I really like that watch. I've had a Bulova since '02. I bought it with my first 'big cheque' while working at McDonald's when I was 17. $500 was a lot of cash when you only made 6.50/hr
img0810g.jpg

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm still searching for a foo-style 'onewatch' that goes with everything. this is my absolute favourite from my collection, in terms of design. i still wear it with a suit sometimes, but it seems a little small when i'm in t shirts etc. i don't like the new 39mm version, either. might get an explorer 2, its a good watch, but i don't love the dial the way i love this one.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i'm still searching for a foo-style 'onewatch' that goes with everything. this is my absolute favourite from my collection, in terms of design. i still wear it with a suit sometimes, but i find it wears a little small when i wear t shirts etc. i don't like the new 39mm version, either. might get an explorer 2, its a good watch, but i don't love the dial the way i love this one.

if that's your wrist, i don't think you're ever going to have a problem with a watch looking too small.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the Explorer 1 is a good 'one-watch' - better than the Explorer 2, which I wouldn't try to dress up. If you were scientifically inclined you could get away with a Milgauss, but it's less 'street-y'...

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a late 60's seamaster, early 90's speed master auto, and a well worn navy seiko 5 from the early 70's on a NATO strap (my grandfathers)

I'm going to add a sppedmaster pro, a black rolex sub and a clean faced dress watch, probably IWC, over the next five years or so.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As nice as IWC's are, I'm probably gonna skip IWC, as I have wrists that are like 5.5" around, literally emaciated looking things, 40mm wears large on me. The only decent looking IWC that I'd be able to wear is the Portofino series and I'm not so hot on them. Plus, I live in Asia, so IWCs and Rolexes are ubiquitous...

I am gonna try to keep 4 or 5 watches at a time, something on brown strap, something on black strap, a couple steel banded watches (flieger and a diver's, ie Sub) and then maybe something more fun, or black.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really want to get a gold Reverso classic and have my beagle etched on the back (0)

Reaction score
It is all personal preference. I won't even consider a watch unless it's at least 40 mm. Mine is like 6.4" and I wear 41 and 42 mm.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gastarbeider
if that's your wrist, i don't think you're ever going to have a problem with a watch looking too small.
ha, yes, i have the asian skinny wrists thing. truth is though that its more down to overall frame. here's my other favourite daily wearer. i had a 14060 sub but flipped it, they are just a bit too ubiquitous for my liking. not a great fan of the milgauss, don't like the polished links and the lightning hand just seems gimmicky to me. the reverso is stunning, you should definitely do it. although dressy i think it could go with your leathers etc too

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
As nice as IWC's are, I'm probably gonna skip IWC, as I have wrists that are like 5.5" around, literally emaciated looking things, 40mm wears large on me. The only decent looking IWC that I'd be able to wear is the Portofino series and I'm not so hot on them. Plus, I live in Asia, so IWCs and Rolexes are ubiquitous...

I am gonna try to keep 4 or 5 watches at a time, something on brown strap, something on black strap, a couple steel banded watches (flieger and a diver's, ie Sub) and then maybe something more fun, or black.

why don't you get one watch, and see how you like it, before you start planning your collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads