• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my OD Rivet chinos in and am very impressed, the fabric is wonderful and has the nice casual feel I was hoping for. Color is great as well. Haven't had a chance to try them on yet but if they fit as good as I suspect they will I will definitely be pickup up some more of these Rivet chinos in the future. I'm just starting my Epaulet collection (3 shirts and these pants so far) but I look forward to getting more. Thanks for a great deal on some killer pants Mike!

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Just placed a big order yesterday and had a nice phone chat with Mike. I'll be adding this to my closet: - Alden whiskey shell cordovan longwings (if they're too big, I'll exchange them for burgundy) - Thorogood No. 685 boots - Gitman Ashland tartan shirt - Glen plaid flannel trousers - Chocolate flannel trousers - Gunmetal gray rivet chinos This brings my Epaulet inventory up to 11 shirts, 8 trousers, 4 chinos, 3 shoes, 3 ties, 1 denim, and 1 scarf. YAY! Good luck on your trip today, Mike. - Keith
Nice pickup. Which Ashland tartan?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Nice pickup. Which Ashland tartan?
The red & navy:
5259309736_ed8d889581.jpg
Do you have one?

enigma77

Reaction score
The red & navy:

Do you have one?

Sure do. Ashland S fits me ever so slightly better than Epaulet M, and I like the pattern and the mitered cuffs a lot. A fantastic shirt.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure do. Ashland S fits me ever so slightly better than Epaulet M, and I like the pattern and the mitered cuffs a lot. A fantastic shirt.
Looks like an Ashland S sits somewhere between Epaulet S and M. Can you tell me how the fabric on this shirt compares with their oxford cloth? I really love the heft of their oxfords, but I'm guessing this shirt will be slightly less beefy. Not sure.

enigma77

Reaction score
Yeah it does sit between an Epaulet S and M. The fabric on that particular shirt is definitely substantial, but slightly less beefy than their oxfords, as you say. I personally have found oxford cloth shirts to not look great on me unless the fit is razor sharp because I'm fairly slim and tall (6', 145 lbs) and oxford cloth tends to drape less well than less stiff fabrics. This fabric is a great medium weight. Maybe medium-heavy? That said about oxford cloth, I also bought the Ashland gray/blue striped oxford because the fit was razor sharp and the fabric is absolutely beautiful. What's your Epaulet shirt size?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it does sit between an Epaulet S and M. The fabric on that particular shirt is definitely substantial, but slightly less beefy than their oxfords, as you say. I personally have found oxford cloth shirts to not look great on me unless the fit is razor sharp because I'm fairly slim and tall (6', 145 lbs) and oxford cloth tends to drape less well than less stiff fabrics. This fabric is a great medium weight. Maybe medium-heavy? That said about oxford cloth, I also bought the Ashland gray/blue striped oxford because the fit was razor sharp and the fabric is absolutely beautiful. What's your Epaulet shirt size?
I'm just about a perfect S in Epaulet, so I expect the Ashland will be just a bit looser in the chest, but I'm really not worried about half an inch difference here or there. Glad to hear the fabric is a little on the heavier side. I hear what you're saying about the drape, but I'm not as tall as you so it's a little less of a concern. (I'm 5' 9.5", 145 lbs.)

enigma77

Reaction score
I'm just about a perfect S in Epaulet, so I expect the Ashland will be just a bit looser in the chest, but I'm really not worried about half an inch difference here or there. Glad to hear the fabric is a little on the heavier side. I hear what you're saying about the drape, but I'm not as tall as you so it's a little less of a concern. (I'm 5' 9.5", 145 lbs.)
TBH I can almost fit into an Epaulet S, so the Ashland S is probably fine for you. It's an overall different fit, so I think it should be evaluated on its own merits. (Hint: its merits are many.)

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Any chance for some green button ups (OCBD perhaps?) for those of us who like to show a little class on St. Patty's... before losing said class by drinking too much, puking, blacking out, and hooking up with unsavory women (not necessarily in this order)
smile.gif
?

Basic

Reaction score
I got these for my birthday around the beginning of December. I have worn them 3-4 times a week since. I really love them and the character they are starting to show. Big props for making such a great product.
worship.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
part 2 of restock question: basic fabric grey trousers?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those that have them, how are the lawn shirts? How lightweight are they really and do you tend to wear them all year or just in the warmer months? Thinking about one of the ginghams but I tend to favor more substantial fabrics and am unsure how I'd feel about this lawn fabric having never handled it.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting a pair of Smiths!

I was hoping they'd come in the mail today, but alas, I shall wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads