• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
as you well know, I spend a considerable amount of time there.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so we were still cool and ****, she understood no hard feelings and what not. Were texting and **** over the week had plans to hang out Saturday. Well its obvious she's still got feelings for me. And I mean, **** me she's hot. Well I don't want to be with her but I couldn't help but want to get at that. But I felt guilty because she only hooks up if she's in a relationship. We were outside of the city and we couldn't even make it back to the city before we hooked up. anyway.. I don't want to be with her, she wants to be with me. Its not a matter of her, its me. ****.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
We're back together =\\

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah, my pimp hand is weak and she was begging. I have like 3 right now who are all open serious options (which is my doing) but man, she is strong as ****. She is out buying me whisky for my collection and a Rolex right now and getting on a plane in a couple days to come back.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
she also told me she was gonna bring back like 30 pairs of g-strings and she probably misinterpreted what I said in response to that because my mouth was full of drool at that point. Like I said, I am super weak. ****.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. This is awesome. When you do end it with her once and for all, will you give back the rolex? Will you get back the penis that she cruelly ripped off?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yes, I actually feel ashamed about it now. In fact, felt ashamed during it, wanted to stop. Hopefully the girl I'm seeing tomorrow night will get the horrible mollusk stink out of my mind.

If it makes you feel any better, I got with a virgin the other night who didnt taste or smell like anything. Probably the most mild ***** ever, BUT she knew absolutely nothing about foreplay or "about how sex" (<-- her exact words, things are easier and not as funny if we just speak Japanese) so it was moderately unexciting for me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Wow. This is awesome. When you do end it with her once and for all, will you give back the rolex? Will you get back the penis that she cruelly ripped off?

I'm not really sure. I have a closet of Junya Watanabe and Raf Simons stuff she's gotten me, a bunch of gifts, and she has a bunch of shoes and stuff I get for her, I like for her to stay in sexy clothes and shoes and in the kitchen making me interesting food, the gifts are just stuff we fill our house with. We break up all the time so it's not a big deal I guess.

i still have my cawk but it feels smaller since I constantly give in to women who are dying to love me. That's really not as good as it sounds, I'm like the 45 year old aging hipster version of fuji.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neither about me nor a girlfriend, but I found out this morning that my younger brother and his wife are calling it quits. Total shock to me, as I never detected a hint of trouble between them. It seemed so improbable that I had to be convinced it wasn't a joke after I found out this morning.

As it goes, they finally arrived at the conclusion after two years of marriage that it's just not a good fit. They're both caring, intelligent people, but they're just innately different in several ways and it's not a matter of "fixing" anything; they're simply not a great match for the long haul.

After the initial shock wore off, I had to respect their maturity in the matter. They obviously both care about one another, but ending it is the responsible thing to do if they're both feeling this way. The natural inclination often seems to be to "keeping working at it" or doing something stupid like having a child and thinking that will "fix things." They're cutting it off before the situation is muddied by a house or children.

I spoke with him this morning and I was amazed at how pulled together and insightful he sounded about the matter, especially considering they reached this decision last night. He admits they probably rushed into things, since they got engaged after only a few months of dating at a young age, but he doesn't regret the decision to marry her. He's sad it didn't work out, but he's looking at it as a valuable learning experience and not some devastating tragedy.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ unfortunately I don't expect far better for my sister, who has seemingly rushed into marriage. My own mother is going frantic with wedding plans, alotting cash for it all to happen, but I get gut feelings and I don't look upon the two as if it were meant to go down well. Sad but true. We'll celebrate and hope but I feel my sister might be mistaking boyfriends for husbands because she doesn't know better. Meanwhile, I'm here bleeding my heart away because of the opposite; she's 23 and hasn't really gone past the boundries of her state college and I'm 29 and I've lived out of suitcases for women for years now.

That sucks for your brother, but it's good that they're cutting it off the right way. Things could be much uglier and no one wants to be around for that.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's definitely a bombshell. To my knowledge, both of them kept hush that there were even any problems. I was initially critical of him getting engaged so quickly and young, but he proved me wrong for questioning their maturity. No the marriage didn't work out, but both of them are showing me that they're capable of taking the more difficult route and severing ties now instead of later, when there's a more likely chance for a split to get ugly. As it is, there are no children involved, no mortgage, etc. Neither one of them are spiteful people, so it should be a pretty clean break and both of them will no doubt find more compatible partners at some point.

The news, once it gets out there, is going to shock almost everyone they know. More surprising to many will be the fact that he sort of spearheaded and pushed on with this split. She's got a pretty cushy job, whereas he's more of the free-spirited musician type who likely won't ever bring home an "impressive" paycheck.

His poise during this is serving as an up-close lesson for me, though, since I've never been any good at letting go or breaking ties even after the writing is on the wall.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
He's a 17 year old weedhead, of course he's going to be self centered and a little twatish (no beef, fuji, it happened to all of us). If ******* around with a crazy girl is the worst he does, that's a lot better than the shenanigans I got up to in my teenage years.

+100

I swear sometimes this forum tries to be the biggest buzzkill, old men telling young people they're acting too immature and crazy
rolleyes.gif

Besides, crazy chicks teach valuable life lessons
tongue.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

Besides, crazy chicks teach valuable life lessons
tongue.gif

+10000000000000000

but I like them a little crazy
devil.gif

coldnyt1

Reaction score
pain comes in stages.. the last stage will be the ONE... finding a new partner... move on... goodluck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads