• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best suit maker?

laxexquis

Reaction score
So if you were a billionaire, or had unlimited budget for suits, where would you go and why?

Oxxford, Brioni, Kiton, Bijan?

What about Saville Row? the thing about Saville row is I don't know which specific shop is best, is there one that is known to be superior to others? Or are they are all great as they are saville row?

What about shoes? I'm assuming John Lobb?

dbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxexquis
So if you were a billionaire, or had unlimited budget for suits, where would you go and why?

Oxxford, Brioni, Kiton, Bijan?

What about Saville Row? the thing about Saville row is I don't know which specific shop is best, is there one that is known to be superior to others? Or are they are all great as they are saville row?

What about shoes? I'm assuming John Lobb?

It really depends on what you're looking for re fit, house speciality, etc. I doubt there's such a thing as the perfect suitmaker. That said, I'd really like to try out Rubinacci.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if money were no object I would go bespoke all the way. I would love to go to the Row and just sample everyone...then head to Italy and do the same. I have a wide range of tastes...so I would try structured, soft, military style, etc.

But, that ain't happening.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, if money were no object I would go bespoke all the way. I would love to go to the Row and just sample everyone...then head to Italy and do the same. I have a wide range of tastes...so I would try structured, soft, military style, etc. But, that ain't happening.
lol8[1].gif
Mike

+1 Along my travels, I'd definitely also get a Sciamat suit or a few sport coats and some insanely priced Bijan... Maybe a few of them just for ***** and giggles. Of course, don't forget plenty of Tom Ford anything.

LSU1990

Reaction score
I like Oxxford. I don't know that I can say that they are the best, but to me I think the quality is exceptional. They offer a nice range of fabrics, and will do almost anything you ask. One of the big reasons is that I don't have to leave town. The shop here and the rep that services this shop are outstanding. That being said, I only have 3 Oxxford suits, and although I'm 42 years old, just reached a point in my life where I have become at ease with the idea of spending $3500 and up for a suit. The only other brand suit that I currently own is an H. Freeman MTM suit cut from a Holland and Sherry fabric that is very nice. Before 2008, I had never bought anything other than OTR offerings from various makers such as RL, Copley, and Jack Victor.

I will say that I continually lust after Kiton, and have given more than a fleeting thought to commissioning a suit from one of the Row tailors when they make their American swing, and like Mike says above, if money were no object, I would visit the various SR tailors as well as make a trip to Naples.

With regard to shoes, its Alden for me. They fit me, offer what I need, and don't break the bank. The beauty with Alden is that they will work with you to get you exactly what you want - as long a you are willing to wait.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If money was no object then I'd go for some Kiton, Thomas Mahon, Borrelli for suits.

Shirts I'd try Finamore and continue with Ascot chang

shoes-John Lobb of Paris

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Last Year's Man
that'll cost you a $25000 membership fee

That's false advertising. The website said $10k
boxing[1].gif

What the price for CMT?
devil.gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Billionaire? I'd just hire a tailor on staff if sartorial matters are such an integral part of my life.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Billionaire? I'd just hire a tailor on staff if sartorial matters are such an integral part of my life.

Thats the joke I play with my friends. If I were billionaire I would travel with no security guys but 1 tailor
laugh.gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would beg a psychiatrist to send me to an infirmary - I could get a long ice pick hammered in my eye socket, hacking through my cranium, and rendering an appropriate lobotomy. Hopefully this would cure my suit obsessions.

Seriously though, Bespoke route all the way if money was no objective.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads