• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Unionmade is doing a #8 wingtip boot with a light antique edge for fall based on how nice those Bureau longwings are.

Also a secret collabo with forum members Peterock and DJ Arrow has been submitted. Details will emerge soon!

Geez, all I need another #8 wingtip....

Will there be a pre-order for these?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Unionmade is doing a #8 wingtip boot with a light antique edge for fall based on how nice those Bureau longwings are.

Also a secret collabo with forum members Peterock and DJ Arrow has been submitted. Details will emerge soon!

With double leather waterloc soles?

JK2

Reaction score
I have been wearing Alden calf LHS's for over a decade in 12.5A. I decided to try a pair of dark-brown suede Chukka boots from SM. These are the lined Chukkas built on the Barrie last. I liked these because I wanted the soft lugged sole. I went for a 12C (the narrowest available), knowing that the Barrie runs large. The fit in the toe is snug but no problem. However, the back of the shoe is quite loose, even with the laces tightened up to the point where the two sides touch each other.

I am wondering if I should try downsizing to an 11.5C. The length would be no problem, but I am sure the toe box would be too narrow. However, I read somewhere (it might have been on this forum) that the Chukkas do tend to stretch out a bit.

Any advice?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted this a few pages back and didnt get much feedback, so I thought I would try again.

I have a question on break-in of my ravello longwings.

I have a few pair of Alden boots, but these are my first shoes on the double leather soles. I picked them up last week and have since worn them three times, however, I am still having some slight heel slippage.

How long before the double leather soles break in where this goes away? I am curious to hear some stories. And would just living with some heel slippage with these shoes be ok? Anyone else have a permanent slight slippage?

And if it does not go away, anyone interested in buying them? I would hate to have to let them go, but don't want something that doesn't fit proper.

Thanks in advance.

phantomx48

Reaction score
The upcoming Red Wing "Indy Boot":

redwingindy.jpg

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Hey guys, I posted this a few pages back and didnt get much feedback, so I thought I would try again.

I have a question on break-in of my ravello longwings.

I have a few pair of Alden boots, but these are my first shoes on the double leather soles. I picked them up last week and have since worn them three times, however, I am still having some slight heel slippage.

How long before the double leather soles break in where this goes away? I am curious to hear some stories. And would just living with some heel slippage with these shoes be ok? Anyone else have a permanent slight slippage?

And if it does not go away, anyone interested in buying them? I would hate to have to let them go, but don't want something that doesn't fit proper.

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you from my experience only: If they slip when new, they will continue to slip. Others may have different comments. To find out if there is any interest in them, state the size.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
I can tell you from my experience only: If they slip when new, they will continue to slip. Others may have different comments. To find out if there is any interest in them, state the size.

They are 8.5D.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Quick visit to Alden New York - camera phone pic from the hotel room.

Whiskey cap toe with natural edge, Ravello PTB.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice. I can't decide between the ravello ptb or chukka. I have the cigar ptb, so maybe i'll switch it up with the chukka

nbernie

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE make some nat chromexcel tassel loafers?! Would be sweetest shoe ever.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
Alden x J Crew chromexcel Indy boots today

Nothing beats some nice shell, but those 403's are true classics and never go out of style.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
Alden x J Crew chromexcel Indy boots today

Classics indeed.

But these do get better with age, as you beat them up. Wear them hard and be proud.

I love mine the more they get scuffed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads