• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
**** you.

Uh, what?

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
unfortunately saying "in my opinion" doesn't absolve you from receiving criticism

there's a world of difference between "looks good but i couldn't pull this off" and "oh, it's too much". the gold and blue work really well together.

Fair enough.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
Uh, what?

Those of us in the north are freezing to death and would love weather that "isn't cold enough to accommodate more layering"

I haven't seen windchills reach the double digits since Thursday....

Well at least not positive double digits
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Those of us in the north are freezing to death and would love weather that "isn't cold enough to accommodate more layering"

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Oh, hahaha. I was thinking that was directed towards my fit. Yeah, it's about 70 down here. Funny, because I wish I was in the cold. I guess you always want what you can't have! :p

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

winner winner chicken dinner.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
You definitely like your casual fits as clean and simple as your suit fits
wink.gif

That's the idea.
smile.gif

Nice peacoat (something I want to have someday...). It's difficult to be certain with your hands in your pockets, but I think you're right about having it taken in a little.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
as per the thread further down the page, I am going to the store in a bunch of dirty, lived in designer ****. props to Prada_Ferragamo for hooking me up with an incredible KKA cardigan, which looks awesome all the time, but possibly not its best here.

vumq2l.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
kwoyeu, to answer your question, the sizing of a jacket is primarily in how it fits around the chest and shoulders, not length. Foo's jacket there is a more conservative length than the most fashionable style right now, but that doesn't mean it's a size too long. Your jacket seems too big because it seems wide around the shoulders, wide at the collar, and wide at the waist (it also is too long in the sleeves but that can be fixed).

if the jacket only comes in 36 and 38, and 36 is too tight in the chest and 38 is too roomy, you probably just shouldn't buy the jacket. Which is why I don't own one of those Epaulet sport coats.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Sleeves are definitely too long, shoulders are a tad wide and waist could definitely be taken in a little. Length is okay - on the traditional rather than fashionable side but okay. If you get the sleeves sorted this might be okay over a thick sweater, but tbh it needs a skilled tailor to make it fit better. If you want to go the tailoring route Niidawg (mainly hangs out in MC) is one of the few people I've seen manage to get a jacket adjusted down really well.

i *truly* appreciate the advice guys

I can see now that the waist is indeed too wide - definitely going to do the waist suppression thing or whatever it is called (I tried simulating a suppressed waist myself and really liked how it looks compared to the unsuppressed look).

I guess it's almost impossible to mess with the shoulders though. But I'm curious: are they obviously wider than they should be? (not a rhetorical question, just wanted to double check). One thing is that I have a rather large head which would perhaps be accentuated by narrower shoulders. Another thing: the one button on my jacket (unsurprisingly given it's boo) is almost falling off which perhaps had a loosening effect (though I'm not sure). I have some APC XS blazers which have much narrowers shoudlers - I liked how they look at first but later came to be bothered (justifiably or not) by how they kind of accentuated my giant ass head. I'm taking some pictures of me in both jackets, and also in another boo blazer also in size 38. I'm guessing the waist and chest look better on the apc? what about the shoulders though? Any comment (however brief) would be appreciate.
worship.gif

APC XS blazer
zzz222.jpg

Band Jacket 38
zzz111.jpg

Another Band Jacket also 38 (this one to be exact)
zzz333.jpg

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Can't really see that well but you have some nice things. I like BoO jackets and ervell sweaters.

AR, nice fits on the pants. Who is it by?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
as per the thread further down the page, I am going to the store in a bunch of dirty, lived in designer ****. props to Prada_Ferragamo for hooking me up with an incredible KKA cardigan, which looks awesome all the time, but possibly not its best here.

vumq2l.jpg

dope, would be perfect if you cleaned up the pant length some

Kyss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
vumq2l.jpg

Nice overall, i really like your boots they were really tough!
smile.gif
(My first post, btw.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads