• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
6cbf8b89jw6ddmivcg85pj.jpg

Your suit jacket reminds me of a sport coat from an older Tom Ford collection. I've always liked like that shade of cerulean blue.
TomFordSpringSummer2009-2.jpg
Who makes your eyeglasses?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
It's not so much that there's anything wrong with them; they're just incongruous with both the top part of the outfit and the season. Boat shoes with no socks in the winter doesn't really add up, particularly in an outfit involving a bunch of layers, a chunky knit, a scarf, and gloves. It's like shorts and a puffer jacket.

Beyond that, it's just personal preference. I wouldn't wear boat shoes, but plenty of people are into them. Just save them for warmer weather.

Those aren't boat shoes, but whatever.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment's you'all - Appreciate it.

Like Adam said, they're not boat shoes - bluchers, actually. I wouldn't generally wear boat shoes with jeans (just me personally). I do have socks on, but they're no-show mock socks. Though, agreed - I froze ****** off because of that, so those critiques are very just. Walking from my car to dinner last night in 20 degree weather. The bluchers are more traditionally a summer time shoe, but am just running short on options, shoe wise. Have trouble getting my jeans over my boots, and don't want them to run ink on the CP's I have (which are both kind of new). But I do normally wear those suede bluchers with shorts (and that is how they look best, imo).

My body is kind of screwed up at the moment with too much upper body and then small legs. Layering 4+ pieces on top of a slim bottom half only highlights the body proportion issue. I do work out, but obviously, need to spend more time on the legs and less on the arms and chest. The "manorexic" comment is true. I look way top heavy. Just the old classic gym mistake of neglecting lower body, and it's definitely caught up with me.

dsoren - thanks. The shoes are quoddy bluchers and the bag is a Frost River ruck sack (similar make to "Duluth Packs"). I have some cool detailed shot's of the bag I took last summer - PM me if you want to see them. It's my go-to overnight and weekend bag. Very functional (aside from all the straps sometimes being a pain, but I'm used to them now) - prefer them over a zipper. I also really liked your last fit. It was well put together, fit great, and a nice photograph to boot.

I'm having a denim dilemma, myself. Tough at 5'8", when you don't like to cuff. Need to find some that I love and can be a true day to day denim to finally break in. Something slim and with a OTR 32" inseam (tough to find outside of nudies..). I have probably 5+ pair that I've just given up on, 2-6 months in, for various reasons.

Thanks again for the comments and feedback

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your preferred pant length just looks weird.

jwied82

Reaction score
P1231713.jpg

r&b hat
bs jacket
nico cardi
silent t
aristolasia bag
barbour gloves
superfine sweats
s2a shoes.

wore the same thing last night but with julian red hobokens istead of the sweats

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
slack, couldn't you get a longer inseam and get them hemmed?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
slack, couldn't you get a longer inseam and get them hemmed?

Yeah, like a few people have said, -- i'll probably go this route. I've always been reluctant to hem raw denim because it affects the intended leg opening on most cuts (not just tapered ones, even straight legged, I believe?) but I will just have to do it. Whether sending to Self Edge or finding a chain stitching option around home (doubtful..).

I know my pant fits are unorthodox with the no break on raw denim - don't see it a ton. I could be tricking myself, visually, but I think it works, for me. But I understand people's criticisms, completely. Again I am having a denim dilemma and that's probably my biggest current problem which I need help with (also why I tend to gravitate towards chinos..). Someone knowing me and my skinny legs recently recommended a model of Samurais which I want to look into, along with Iron Heart. I'm really poorly schooled on raw denim manufacturers (outside of nudie, which I always just got because of the nice selection of cuts and sizes they offer) so I need to invest some time in those threads. If anyone has any suggestions for a slim legged person, 5'8", with a small waist (27", embarrassing - sounds manorexic, I know) would welcome those leads...

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Yeah, like a few people have said, -- i'll probably go this route. I've always been reluctant to hem raw denim because it affects the intended leg opening on most cuts (not just tapered ones, even straight legged, I believe?) but I will just have to do it. Whether sending to Self Edge or finding a chain stitching option around home (doubtful..). I know my pant fits are unorthodox with the no break on raw denim - don't see it a ton. I could be tricking myself, visually, but I think it works, for me. But I understand people's criticisms, completely. Again I am having a denim dilemma and that's probably my biggest current problem which I need help with (also why I tend to gravitate towards chinos..). Someone knowing me and my skinny legs recently recommended a model of Samurais which I want to look into, along with Iron Heart. I'm really poorly schooled on raw denim manufacturers (outside of nudie, which I always just got because of the nice selection of cuts and sizes they offer) so I need to invest some time in those threads. If anyone has any suggestions for a slim legged person, 5'8", with a small waist (27", embarrassing - sounds manorexic, I know) would welcome those leads...
Sounds like you should pick up some Diors or Balenciagas. Not exactly repro quality selvedge denim, but the fit might work better for you
smile.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
wtf is happening to this forum
questionable things. need more fit pics from people who dress well consistently to purge all the bad fits to middle of the thread oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads