• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

jessetk313

Reaction score
Yea I am not here to argue either way, for or against their authenticity. I was just making a statement.

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
I guess reallythe question is whether or not you trust sierratradingpost for selling legit shoes which I personally do. On the tongue of one of the boots it is clear that yuketen was stamped there. Just my two cents.

Sierratradingpost is good about even marking if an item is a second. They absolutely do not sell fakes.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge
Sierratradingpost is good about even marking if an item is a second. They absolutely do not sell fakes.

I don't think that is what whatever is getting at.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge
i dont shop at stp so i have no idea what they do or do not sell.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Whatever, I think it's time to give it a rest. We're just going in circles here and at the end of the day if it really mattered to Yuketen they could contact ebay and get them removed. This conversation has been haunting this thread for months now and every time in the last couple days I've come on here seeing this thread bumped it's this same conversation. If you think they're fake don't buy them. They look decent enough for whatever they are and I don't think anyone is out that much if they buy them. Java seems genuine.

Just bury this conversation. Unless someone from Sierra or Yuketen comes on here to add something new, I say it's dead.

If you really have a problem with it report him to ebay and contact Yuketen and see what happens. Otherwise let it go.

My personal opinion: someone as well spoken as java isn't running an operation faking Yuk's. It's highly unprofitable and seems like a complete waste of time.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Whatever, I think it's time to give it a rest. We're just going in circles here and at the end of the day if it really mattered to Yuketen they could contact ebay and get them removed. This conversation has been haunting this thread for months now and every time in the last couple days I've come on here seeing this thread bumped it's this same conversation. If you think they're fake don't buy them. They look decent enough for whatever they are and I don't think anyone is out that much if they buy them. Java seems genuine. Just bury this conversation. Unless someone from Sierra or Yuketen comes on here to add something new, I say it's dead. If you really have a problem with it report him to ebay and contact Yuketen and see what happens. Otherwise let it go. My personal opinion: someone as well spoken as java isn't running an operation faking Yuk's. It's highly unprofitable and seems like a complete waste of time.
well, i did let it go. he was the one that came on the thread to tell his story. mss, even you pm'ed about those exact shoes asking if i thought they were real a couple weeks ago. you considered buying them otherwise you wouldnt have asked. it is because of this that the question should be raised. but if you guys are okay with someone trying to sell a pair shoes as something there not then your right, it is useless to further the conversation and im good with that
smile.gif

hot*java

Reaction score
I would very much like to let this go, but, whatever123, you keep stating your opinion as fact, and I just can't let the assertion that I'm selling these as something they're not stand unchallenged.

Yuketen has not denied they produced these boots. If you have some information I don't, please let me know. I take these allegations seriously.

I say this because when questions arose on their sourcing, I immediately provided them (yes, I used the same contact info you referred to much earlier in this thread) all the information that you now have, including all the photos and where I got them (and the numbers on the tongue that describe the production lot and style, I assume). I've gotten no such denial. If you're saying information is in fact coming from them, I find that very interesting.

You see, if they say they didn't make them, I will invite the person with the authority to make this statement to have a three-way conference call with me and someone in purchasing at Sierra, since they would be alleging Sierra sold unauthorized goods, and I would be looking for an explanation. It won't be a simple internet throw-away comment. Maybe this is why I haven't gotten a denial?

I think it pretty clear these were samples. To what purpose I don't know, but they're very well made, have tons on Yuketen styling cues, and come from a reputable retailer.

On the hunting boot description - this was mine. There was no additional information with these boots - no box, no bag - nothing else. As I mentioned above, I've sold some for that purpose, so I think the description is apt.

The leather laces are a must, obviously.

There's really nothing else to add, so barring any further information from Sierra or Yuketen, that's it. If I do get something back I'll post it here - although it looks like the topic is becoming tiresome to the forum (sorry about that).

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you people in australia are super lucky. this is the current collection at up there. they have a full size fun as well.

Yuketen-x-UP-THERE-store-FW10-Exclusive-Collection-1.jpg

racknac

Reaction score
^ god damn you, saw they had some spring gitmans pieces on sale and bought three shirts.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that place is the only retailer ive seen that stocks womens widths.

yuketen needs to do an add with a hot chick wearing nothing but a pair of maine guides!

racknac

Reaction score
new season looks sweet, but i doubt i will be picking up anymore yuketens next season. Seems to be the same style in new colors/leathers. Like the new maine guides coming out next season which are a bit shorter than the current model, probably more versatile to wear.

I honestly feel a need to find new brands just to add additional versatility/style to my wardrobe. Right now my shoe collection is dominated by yuketen, billy reid and Alden.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
that place is the only retailer ive seen that stocks womens widths.

yuketen needs to do an add with a hot chick wearing nothing but a pair of maine guides!

Yea, F**k Yea, maybe even a calendar!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads