• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Pictures of Your Turntable and Audio Gear Here

Based

Reaction score
ps. Tax would be included as well, making the total package around $1500 shipped to CA.

And so begins the descent into member-based readership...

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OakCliff
No, I haven't heard that one, but Quiet Kenny is one of my favorites.

QuietKenny.jpeg

Another gem.
cheers.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Based
Common sense says that technology items are rarely future-proof but I've read that a quality audio rig is an exception to that logic. Again, I have no experience in the world of audiophilia and I don't really expect to get bit by the upgrade bug (as evidenced by other personal interests). Long story short, is this a good purchase on a cost:quality ratio and worth my monies, or would something cheaper/in the future/not this better suit my needs? Genuine thanks all in advance for your replies.

My honest opinion:

1. I don't like Klipsch until you get to the La Scalas or higher and even then only with very high end amps.

2. For this money you can do much better. Do you need 5.1 sound? Because given the apartment comment, I would recommend you strongly consider a two channel system. You can stretch the dollar more effectively in terms of sound quality if you do two channel.

robotosan

Reaction score
I have the harman kardon soundsticks that I use with my computer and would like to also use with my turntable. But when i plug in them up I loose my sub and the sound goes flat. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a receiver or another way to fix this?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - there is some seriously beautiful gear in here. Someday when funding permits, I'd like to get a tube amp and a nice turntable. Here's my set-up at the moment. Basically I've had this same set-up since I was about 17, though the turntable has replaced and upgraded through the years. - Toshiba M12 mini-stereo components. Power amplifier and pre-amp. $10 at a yard sale, if memory serves correctly. - Rogers LS3/5a monitors. Early serial numbers. Matched pair. $3/piece at the thrift store. These suckers were stone mint when I bought them. Not a ding on them. Probably had the original box too when they came in. Sadly, they probably tossed the box. They're still in exceptional condition for their age. - NAD turntable. Rebadged Rega Planar 2. Grado (I forget what model) cartridge.
P1030715.jpg
P1030716.jpg
P1030717.jpg
P1030723.jpg

Based

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
My honest opinion:

1. I don't like Klipsch until you get to the La Scalas or higher and even then only with very high end amps.

2. For this money you can do much better. Do you need 5.1 sound? Because given the apartment comment, I would recommend you strongly consider a two channel system. You can stretch the dollar more effectively in terms of sound quality if you do two channel.

My wallet and I thank you for your input AF (and sorry for the slight derail in discourse), that's what I was looking for. A two channel system would probably be a better fit given my circumstances, as I'm sure there are many options that will please my only somewhat discerning audio preferences.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Based
My wallet and I thank you for your input AF (and sorry for the slight derail in discourse), that's what I was looking for. A two channel system would probably be a better fit given my circumstances, as I'm sure there are many options that will please my only somewhat discerning audio preferences.
There are lots of great monitor type speakers in your price range. Look at AudioEngine, PSB, Paradigm, Epos, etc. You can also get Magnepan MMGs for around $550 per pair direct. Add in a decent integrated amp like an NAD 365BEE and you have a great foundation.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
^What is that? It looks more like a computer than a stereo.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^What is that? It looks more like a computer than a stereo.
Modular analogue synthesisers from the 70s, Minimoog, EMS VCS3, ARP 2600 ( can be listen in Jean MICHEL Jarre Oxygene, in dark side of the moon by Pink floyd , Vangelis Blade Runner and so on) I collect them.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
My first thought when I read that was the synthesizer on Dark Side of the Moon. Cool stuff.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OakCliff
My VPI Scoutmaster

2466116026_0edac00f38_z.jpg

Cables appear to be touching the record.

OakCliff

Reaction score
It may just be the camera angle.
It was just the camera angle. I just double checked and everything looks good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads