• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
zzz.jpg
]

lol dude is this that new boo blazer everyone was ******** on you in rp's about? looks a size too big.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^ lol it is. are you thinking about the sleeves or that the jacket is just too long in the body? I tried on the 36 but it was a little constricting in the shoulders. plus i don't remember the 36 being significantly shorter in the body than the 38 which I got.
frown.gif
difference lengthwise is tiny like that between xs and s boo shirts

band's are the shortest jackets i could find. I'd say band's 38s are an inch shorter in the body than apc XSs

how long should a blazer be anyways? would this one below be a size too long say? i don't mind being shat upon
mattu.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lol foo's feet size just... okay I'd better stop

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude, it's gotta be the angle of the photo, there is no way....those clown shoes....

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it's pretty obvious that the angle is completely ******* the way his body looks but foo has this obsession with huge gunboat shoes that do not flatter his proportions, especially when the rest of his outfit is slim with tapered pants

thirditem

Reaction score
the lower block doesnt fit with all the layering up top, makes you look manorexic

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
plus I don't understand how you're so cold up top but it's fine to not wear socks

fuller jeans plus some socks and you're not too bad (not a fan of the shoes either)

coldforge

Reaction score
kwoyeu, to answer your question, the sizing of a jacket is primarily in how it fits around the chest and shoulders, not length. Foo's jacket there is a more conservative length than the most fashionable style right now, but that doesn't mean it's a size too long. Your jacket seems too big because it seems wide around the shoulders, wide at the collar, and wide at the waist (it also is too long in the sleeves but that can be fixed).

if the jacket only comes in 36 and 38, and 36 is too tight in the chest and 38 is too roomy, you probably just shouldn't buy the jacket. Which is why I don't own one of those Epaulet sport coats.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
plus I don't understand how you're so cold up top but it's fine to not wear socks

fuller jeans plus some socks and you're not too bad (not a fan of the shoes either)

what's wrong with the shoes (asking because I want a pair)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
what's wrong with the shoes (asking because I want a pair)?
It's not so much that there's anything wrong with them; they're just incongruous with both the top part of the outfit and the season. Boat shoes with no socks in the winter doesn't really add up, particularly in an outfit involving a bunch of layers, a chunky knit, a scarf, and gloves. It's like shorts and a puffer jacket. Beyond that, it's just personal preference. I wouldn't wear boat shoes, but plenty of people are into them. Just save them for warmer weather. edit:
Originally Posted by adamha21
Those aren't boat shoes, but whatever.
My bad; didn't see they were lace-ups. I'll stick with my statement about the mismatch with the top half of the outfit.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Jacket & sweater: Nigel Cabourn
Jeans: old Levi 501s
Shoes: Sanders
Hat: Heselden Hats

Yo, MoK...this (like all of your other fits) is teh ****. You have mega steez. Love this coat.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
Double-fisting at the Prada show and party in Beijing:

facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by nicelynice

iPhone pic of a digital camera pic haha

All cdg homme plus cept devoa l/s and carpe boots[/I]

Looks great.

This blazer looks good; as everyone has said, shoes are the problem.

[quote=slack tide;4043743]more'd the same..QUOTE]

This looks great. I really like your look. What are the shoes and what is the bag? I want the NDG knit so bad.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
It's not so much that there's anything wrong with them; they're just incongruous with both the top part of the outfit and the season. Boat shoes with no socks in the winter doesn't really add up, particularly in an outfit involving a bunch of layers, a chunky knit, a scarf, and gloves. It's like shorts and a puffer jacket.

Beyond that, it's just personal preference. I wouldn't wear boat shoes, but plenty of people are into them. Just save them for warmer weather.

thanks. mine were definitely going to be for summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads