• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass online

aon

Reaction score
So what do you guys think about the prices of margo and ralph? Is 440 euros including shipping a fair deal? How much does it cost to order vass from budapest and have it shipped to the US?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
440 EUR is about 600 USD and I think that's a very fair price.

+1 it's a v good price

888style

Reaction score
+1. Including trees, and including shipping this price matches the price paid in store in Budapest (440-450 depending on Euro/HUF Exchange rate).

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why some people keep getting caught up in a seller's or business's profit margin. That shouldn't matter & frankly isn't anyone else's business.

If you see an item, like it, and think the price is OK FOR YOU, then buy it. If not, then don't.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid about €400 with trees in Budapest last summer.

venron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
I have no idea why some people keep getting caught up in a seller's or business's profit margin. That shouldn't matter & frankly isn't anyone else's business.

If you see an item, like it, and think the price is OK FOR YOU, then buy it. If not, then don't.

+1

aon

Reaction score
That's why I didn't bother to ask for a vat refund since their price seems to be a good deal.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aon
So what do you guys think about the prices of margo and ralph? Is 440 euros including shipping a fair deal? How much does it cost to order vass from budapest and have it shipped to the US?

Does this include shoe trees?

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
Does this include shoe trees?

He said he'll include the trees on my first order, which usually costs 50 euros

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer

Unless you are going to Belgium to pick it up, it's different. I am not even sure that is possible with this company. Smaller, more reputable stores that deliver outside of the EU, do VAT refunds.

Your email says it all. The VAT refund is part of their profit. A SIGNIFICANT margin, as Belgium VAT is 21%.

If you ship outside the EU to a non EU citizen you don't charge VAT. That's not a refund. There isn't a VAT to refund. Now that doesn't mean they have to charge less .

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
If you ship outside the EU to a non EU citizen you don't charge VAT. That's not a refund. There isn't a VAT to refund. Now that doesn't mean they have to charge less .

Ok, I don't know how the vat system works for other jurisdictions. But here in Ph, when you make a sale to a nonresident, it is considered as an export sale, which is subject to VAT at zero rate. That means you don't pass off vat to your non resident customer. If you don't pass off the VAT, then the price of the sale should be lower. Now as a business entity who rendered an export sale, you can claim your unutilized input VAT from the government. If most of your sales are export sales or those subject to zero rate, then the input vat you will just accumulate since you can't pass it off. That's why you file a refund.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trade buyers don't pay VAT. So the shop got the goods VAT free. Unless they are so small they pay VAT. But if they are that small they don't charge VAT. I don't know the companies location but IIRC in Italy a business doing less then 30K of sales doesn't have to register for VAT. They don't collect VAT but they pay VAT on goods. Above the cut off point you get your goods VAT free but collect VAT.

They are just charging a higher price to non EU customers. They aren't keeping the VAT refund because there isn't a VAT being charged.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Trade buyers don't pay VAT. So the shop got the goods VAT free. Unless they are so small they pay VAT. But if they are that small they don't charge VAT. I don't know the companies location but IIRC in Italy a business doing less then 30K of sales doesn't have to register for VAT. They don't collect VAT but they pay VAT on goods. Above the cut off point you get your goods VAT free but collect VAT. They are just charging a higher price to non EU customers. They aren't keeping the VAT refund because there isn't a VAT being charged.
sorry, but they are keeping the VAT for themselves, period.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads