• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass online

GBer

Reaction score
Sounds like they keep the VAT refund for themselves.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
888style;4014367 said:
Tough choice:

Prefer the G&G Kent, hey what can I say
spam[1].gif
. Got it in black calf/black alligator on the TG73. Very sleek and elegant.

This store has been a G&G stockist for a few years, should be ok!

olualbert

Reaction score
I bought my first pair of vass with margo and ralph...and yes they are reliable.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone contacted Ralph / Margo?

I emailed, no response.

I've e-mailed them and had a rapid response.

Sounds like they keep the VAT refund for themselves.

Please note that they are based in Belgium, not in the UK, and therefore the VAT refund rules that apply in the UK most likely do not apply in Belgium.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I've e-mailed them and had a rapid response.

Please note that they are based in Belgium, not in the UK, and therefore the VAT refund rules that apply in the UK most likely do not apply in Belgium.

Belgium charges VAT, and if they export to USA, VAT should be deducted.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Well it depends on the business size, small company can get a status which allows them not collect VAT neither to be refounded, like individuals.

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Aon - did you get your shoes?

Not yet but they're en route. They respond to emails promptly. Ralph has provided me the tracking number. They use Colissimo for shipping. My shoes might be here next week.

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman

VAT applies if shoes are delivered to the EU. All non-EU shipments should have VAT deducted. If they don't give you the VAT deduction, that means they are just keeping it for themselves. Look at the discount, just a bit more than the VAT. So if they sell to non-EU countries with their "sale" ~ VAT deduction, where's it go? Think about it.

Originally Posted by Oyaji
Well it depends on the business size, small company can get a status which allows them not collect VAT neither to be refounded, like individuals.

Dealt with many small businesses and all reputable businesses deduct VAT. Assuming they imported G&Gs from England, it would be impractical and costly to not have VAT registration/license. Since they sell shoes on eBay, assuming mostly to foreign countries, they also sell outside of the country. Don't know about Belgium, but some countries require you to be commercially registered for import/ export trades. If you don't collect VAT and you operate a business, that's illegal.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I asked about the deduction of the VAT, probably why I did not receive a reply.

Originally Posted by GBer
VAT applies if shoes are delivered to the EU. All non-EU shipments should have VAT deducted. If they don't give you the VAT deduction, that means they are just keeping it for themselves. Look at the discount, just a bit more than the VAT. So if they sell to non-EU countries with their "sale" ~ VAT deduction, where's it go? Think about it.

Dealt with many small businesses and all reputable businesses deduct VAT. Assuming they imported G&Gs from England, it would be impractical and costly to not have VAT registration/license. Since they sell shoes on eBay, assuming mostly to foreign countries, they also sell outside of the country. Don't know about Belgium, but some countries require you to be commercially registered for import/ export trades. If you don't collect VAT and you operate a business, that's illegal.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the response I got in reply yo a q regarding VAT. I assumed that they werent registered for the VAT deduction. IME w.r.t shops where you can ask for a VAT form for refund at the airport, some of the shops which do not cater to tourists are not registered with Premier Tax Free or Global Refund and as such cannot give a VAT refund form. However, I dont know if this is the case here. dear sir , we can t deduct the VAT as our prices are already very interesting... the shipping to india costs 40 euros best , ralph which model and size are you interested in ?

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
dear sir ,

we can t deduct the VAT as our prices are already very interesting...
the shipping to india costs 40 euros

best , ralph

which model and size are you interested in ?[/color]
[/I]

Interesting that they have built the VAT refund into their prices/margins. Seems kind of janky.

GBer

Reaction score
This is the response I got in reply yo a q regarding VAT. I assumed that they werent registered for the VAT deduction.

IME w.r.t shops where you can ask for a VAT form for refund at the airport, some of the shops which do not cater to tourists are not registered with Premier Tax Free or Global Refund and as such cannot give a VAT refund form. However, I dont know if this is the case here.

What you are talking about only applies to airport buying or (in-person) and exporting it in person which fall under an international duopoly for VAT refunds where they keep a portion of the refund for themselves as a transaction fee. A different story. We are talking about delivery, an export function.

Unless you are going to Belgium to pick it up, it's different. I am not even sure that is possible with this company. Smaller, more reputable stores that deliver outside of the EU, do VAT refunds.

dear sir ,

we can t deduct the VAT as our prices are already very interesting...
the shipping to india costs 40 euros

best , ralph

which model and size are you interested in ?

Your email says it all. The VAT refund is part of their profit. A SIGNIFICANT margin, as Belgium VAT is 21%.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads