• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
+1 on stinger. Great example of someone who lurked a lot, made some great key purchases, and comes out with awesome fits.

I'm sure you get asked this way too often, but how'd you size the Diors?

Also, @ jasoncali - easy way to improve your fits: Buy a better camera and a tripod, and take pictures from farther away. Close-ups introduce weird angles, distort the image, and make you look heavier.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
That coat looks pretty bad.

I have to agree, coat doesn't seem to be terribly flattering. Fit itself as a whole is still ok but just think it should look better for what it is.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
stinger you need to take your hair a few levels up, ok?

I'm here yo help 鱼.

stinger70

Reaction score
appreciate all the positive comments!

Originally Posted by notwithit
I'm sure you get asked this way too often, but how'd you size the Diors?

Sized down 3 i guess...i wanted them to measure 32" to sit low on the hips so i bought 29" seems to be about right.

stinger you need to take your hair a few levels up, ok?
what do you have in mind? i've tried practically everything, but i'm happiest with this cut which is grade 2 on the sides and longer and thicker on top and back.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
appreciate all the positive comments!

Sized down 3 i guess...i wanted them to measure 32" to sit low on the hips so i bought 29" seems to be about right.

what do you have in mind? i've tried practically everything, but i'm happiest with this cut which is grade 2 on the sides and longer and thicker on top and back.

Texture the top, make it longer in the middle and a gradually shorter as it goes to the outside. Then use product like wax or clay to give it hold and more texture. Right now it looks like you just woke up and went out, that is to say, totally natural. Sometimes that's the look you want, but I don't think it suits dior homme.

halisray

Reaction score
Where is a good online store to purchase Dior trousers and jeans? Been looking everywhere.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Dude, I think you could really benefit by stealing a page from Oulipo, the wacky French experimental lit group. I'm talking about constraints. Right now, you have absolutely none -- and it really shows. But by limiting yourself a bit, maybe in terms of cost, you will be forced to think outside your comfort zone, possibly in a more creative and productive way.

This is a really smart way to express an often harsh sentiment when the subject's "look" shows up here and should be reserved for future appearances of the archetype.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Dude, I think you could really benefit by stealing a page from Oulipo, the wacky French experimental lit group. I'm talking about constraints. Right now, you have absolutely none -- and it really shows. But by limiting yourself a bit, maybe in terms of cost, you will be forced to think outside your comfort zone, possibly in a more creative and productive way. Think of the White Stripes: excellent musicians, they have every tool at their disposal. Yet creatively, they often get stalled out until they begin placing obstacles in their path. (No more G chords; No more effects; only play in this minor key, etc.) Similarly, you could probably benefit by say, setting a four or five hundred dollar limit on each outfit; or by purchasing each new getup with a particular context in mind: classroom, VIP lounge, sailing, skydiving, whatever. (Sounds crazy, but the research pans out. Right now, it just looks like a bit of a hodgepodge, IMHO.)

Or you could go with the polar opposite: outright imitation. This has really worked for me, lately. Just pull up this thread on your phone whenever you're out shopping, save the pics you like, and buy those outfits. Boom. Better than buying **** off the mannequins.

(Failing all that, just hire the **** out of those Queer Eye guys. You've got the $$$, and they got cancelled...)

Quoted for new favorite poster here.......Softy relegated to second by his absence.

raven37457

Reaction score
First waywt post.

EG Work Shirt
RRL Straight Leg Selvedge Raw Denim (1 wash)
WWM jacket (forgot the name)
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot

DSCF0002-5.jpg

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six

Lifestyle shot of the new office, which is a lifestyle shot because I'm always here.

picturenr.jpg

Lemme just brush that dust off my desk and... theeeere we go.

Nice office.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
nice ! hat pulled off well in my opinion. also, in my opinion,
balemachinist.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads