• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey bf ... how many pairs of samurai do you have? 8 or so?

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by themidship22
Flaws are what make things perfect. That's why I like my denim like I like my women.

This is the truth... flaws are what add character... for both of those
smile.gif

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
9 at the moment. I was asked today to take a pic. I'll share it with you.
p1020705d.jpg
No.9 is the contest pair and I wore it while taking the pic I recently sold my S0500XX and S710XX to get both in one size bigger. The S0500XX are already on its way from Canada (hopefully)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK
9 at the moment. I was asked today to take a pic. I'll share it with you.
p1020705d.jpg
No.9 is the contest pair and I wore it while taking the pic I recently sold my S0500XX and S710XX to get both in one size bigger. The S0500XX are already on its way from Canada (hopefully)

haha, thats awesome! i didnt know you had a pair of blk 5000s. at least that is what they look like.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Alright, I first soaked in teh tub and then washed my new S0510XX in the machine (40°C, no detergent, some salt) and here are the results

S0510XX 34x36 Lot.12
(pre - post)

waist: 34,5" - 32"
front rise: 12" - 11,25"
back rise: 16" - 15,5"
thigh: 14" - 13,5"
knee: 10,25" - 9,875"
leg opening: 9,25" - 8,75"
inseam: 38,5" - 36,5"

I ironed them afterwards. Again unwanted fadings with the wash. This was really the last time I will soak my jeans this way. Nothing serious but it annoys me.
Put them on and no problems buttoning them up. So it's fine.

s0510xxpostsoakred.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
bf: did those really shrink down to 32" in the waist? that is so tight but they look to have stretched out nicely.

i never thought to use salt with a wash ... thats not a bad idea.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK
I ironed them afterwards. Again unwanted fadings with the wash. This was really the last time I will soak my jeans this way. Nothing serious but it annoys me.
Tilmann, I agree with you. All those scratches and creases that the machine puts in the denim annoy me, so I've only been soaking and hand washing lately. Eventually, I'll do a machine wash, but not on a newer pair of jeans again. I finally did my second soak on those contest S0500JX-LRs. The baby's been under the weather the last couple of weeks and vomited on them, so it was more of a hand wash than a soak. Fit is just about perfect now, I'll post up some fit pics when I can convince my wife to take them.

Aries83

Reaction score
One month update on my S710XXs. After sizing down one and fearing initially they'd never fit, I think they've stretched out perfectly for a fit that doesn't require a belt on the waist to keep them where I want them, which is nice.
photo-4.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aries83
One month update on my S710XXs.
photo-4.jpg

i think they look fantastic. i have the same issue with my indigo 710s ... im usually a 34 but sized to a 33 in my indigo 710s. i will post some pics later to get your opinion. in the meantime, here are some nice close-ups of the 710xx denim. I havent worn these at all ... working on several other projects at the moment.
DSCN0282-1.jpg
this is close to the actual color of the demnim
DSCN0276-1.jpg
DSCN0268-1.jpg
DSCN0279.jpg

Biff

Reaction score
...really nice fit, Aries...

I'm also a tue 34, but I went true to size and, although I could have sized down 1, I'm liking the less-than-fitted fit on mine... Nice change from my Flatheads and Skulls...

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Tilmann, I agree with you. All those scratches and creases that the machine puts in the denim annoy me, so I've only been soaking and hand washing lately. Eventually, I'll do a machine wash, but not on a newer pair of jeans again.

I finally did my second soak on those contest S0500JX-LRs. The baby's been under the weather the last couple of weeks and vomited on them, so it was more of a hand wash than a soak. Fit is just about perfect now, I'll post up some fit pics when I can convince my wife to take them.

can't wait to see the pics! my pair is starting to show the first signs of wear on the whsikers. but nothing my ****** cam could capture.

@whatever123: I always enjoy close-ups. the 19oz denim has so much potential

@aries: really a great slim fit!

Aries83

Reaction score
Thanks chaps.

Great fit B_F.

whatever123, beautiful pics of the denim!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads