• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

airblaster503

Reaction score
Hmm color 4847 is looking mighty nice, will definitely think about this and let you know.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Good eye. All I can say is that I will do my best to find out if they are available. Definitely look at the swatches on the Donegal Yarns site rather than the yarn cards. And, definitely give me a second choice. Damn, you guys are making this complicated
wink.gif
EDIT: I am going to take down the photos of the yarn cards and just refer people to the Donegal yarns site since the photos are so much better.

I didn't mean to make things difficult! You're a saint, zissou. I really shouldn't have taken a swatch from the original thread to mean that they had the tweeds--it may have been a suggestion. I PM'ed JohnnyLaw to ask if Inverallan indeed pointed him in that direction. Maybe people should hold off on requesting the tweeds until we get some sort of confirmation just so we don't get anyone's hopes up--I'll post if I get a response (inverallan may also be able to answer this question for us) Not to get people even more excited, but driveslowk has a great tweed inverallan cardigan up for sale...this is obviously from when they were doing custom orders, so the offerings may have changed (but still, I'm stoked about the tweed possibility). I'm just saying (and feel free to chime in, kelvinsense/driveslowk) This thread really got me excited. Thanks again, zissou.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zissou- pardon my cluttering of the thread. I thought this may be helpful to those who are not familiar with the brand (like me). I found the following info from an eBay auction.
New Inverallan Unisex Hand Knitted Black Aran Cardigan in a 38 inch chest.

Please check the measurements before deciding whether this garment is suitable for you

Measurements taken while laying the garment flat.

Underarm to underarm across the chest : 19 inches

Underarm to the cuff of the sleeve : 16 inches

At the back from base of the neck to the hem : 24 inches.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. To be honest, I am excited about the tweeds myself. I have an email in to see if they are indeed available, so keep them in mind. Now, of course, you have me thinking that I should order one solid, and one tweed...

Correction: I know the solid color I want, but I have narrowed it down to seven of the tweeds :\\

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Value Added Tax = 20% I believe for just UK. Or, do EU buyers have to pay VAT when ordering from the UK?

VAT applies to all EU buyers

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I can't be in on this (obviously), but just adding it to my Svpply gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Very cool of you to organize this zissou, this cardigan is gonna look great pair with your Roy's the last 2-3 months of the contest.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
id say 36

im a small across the board and got last year's inventory stockroom edition in a small/36 and it actually stretched a little. kind of weird but this year, inventory's small is a 38. not sure why they changed but yeah id say your a 36

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
id say 36

im a small across the board and got last year's inventory stockroom edition in a small/36 and it actually stretched a little. kind of weird but this year, inventory's small is a 38. not sure why they changed but yeah id say your a 36

RKD, what's your height and weight?

Would love it if you can post a fit pic of your size 36 up along with actual measurements, bro.
biggrin.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sure ill find a pic somewhere. in the other official "inverallan" thread there should be a pic but its probably far away/dark lol

i know for sure that pit to pit on the 36 is 18 across or 18.5 if its slightly stretched

i'm 5'7/8ish and 135-140 lbs. i wear a small in all brands from epaulet, wvg, sns herning w+h, gitman vintage with the exception of WWM and EG where im an XS (but they are known for their more boxy fits)

Eccles

Reaction score
i chose my tweed from the donegal yarns website and quoted the number

took extra time as they had to order the wool

ill be in if i can get tweed

regarding size they are true

you order a 42 thats what the chest will measure

standard length is 27 inches

at the time you could adjust that and the sleeves

stretching is minimal to none because of its thickness

I think a looser fit is more appropriate

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got the gf to take quick shots since i cnat find any decent fit pics of me wearing it ... this is the shawl cardi that inventory did last year in navy

the lighting is terrible since its early morning and cloudy in DC but you can see how it lays

again i purchased tts, size small/36

5377953098_b26b442df8_z.jpg
5377952916_9184eee625_z.jpg
5377953616_89e8b01afd_z.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
sure ill find a pic somewhere. in the other official "inverallan" thread there should be a pic but its probably far away/dark lol

i know for sure that pit to pit on the 36 is 18 across or 18.5 if its slightly stretched

i'm 5'7/8ish and 135-140 lbs. i wear a small in all brands from epaulet, wvg, sns herning w+h, gitman vintage with the exception of WWM and EG where im an XS (but they are known for their more boxy fits)

Thanks for the quick reply, brother.

The reason I was so curious is because I also wear a small in SNS and the stark fits me the same that it fits you, lol.

I'm a bit taller and weigh more though. I'm 5'9''-5'10'' at ~150 lbs. I'm thinking a 38 will be good for me.

PS are the sleeves really that long that you have to roll them up?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no prob

nah its not that long. it hits my wrist when let down but would cover the cuffs of my shirt so i tend to roll it

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice fit, rkd. OK, word is you can order any color and they will work with Inverallan to match it. To keep things from geting completely out of control, please stick to colors in actual photos of Inverallan knits and the swatch cards from Donegal Yarns (see second post of this thread). You have to give me a second color choice with the tweeds!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads