• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Not sure what constitutes Friday, but here's what I wore today. Taken in the faculty bathroom at my elementary school.
budgetchallenge.jpg

Shirt 50 bucks tailored in Itaewon. Hat 150? bucks from the local men's store in Merilville Indiana. EDIT: Jacket (how did I forget this) 150ish at uniqlo Scarf ??? gift from mom. Tie 40 bucks from some hole in the wall between city hall station and myeongdong. Sweater ??? gift from mom. Doubt it's that expensive. Chinos from Uniqlo 50 bucks Shoes and socks aren't pictured, but the socks match the tie if you're curious. They didn't make the size of the bathroom mirror.

I won't comment on the rest but I think that the high buttoning point on uniqlo jackets isn't very flattering for your build.

JPQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I really like everything from the waist up, the coat fits you well and has a very nice overall look.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ndw
^I cant believe that coat was $73. Nice.

Thanks. I've had lots of disasters with local tailors here, but I am very happy with this jacket. Out of the $73, about 1/3 is fabric, 1/3 leather coated buttons and 1/3 tailoring.
smile.gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I won't comment on the rest but I think that the high buttoning point on uniqlo jackets isn't very flattering for your build.

good observation ... but does high buttoning even flatter anyone?

rarely see it look good.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't comment on the rest

That bad? And yeah, I wish the buttons were a bit lower. I'll keep my out for that in the future. Broke right now though. Got out of a messy breakup with a hagwon that resulted in the police trying to find the guy, and me out like 7 grand.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
That bad? And yeah, I wish the buttons were a bit lower. I'll keep my out for that in the future. Broke right now though. Got out of a messy breakup with a hagwon that resulted in the police trying to find the guy, and me out like 7 grand.

Oh no, it's not really "that bad". I just think other posters can detail other stuff and likely no one would comment on the button stance. Guess that bit of bad news for you makes me feel a little more fortunate that I "only" lost my wallet and brand new Galaxy S earlier in the month. Korea isn't too kind sometimes
frown.gif

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy

Lose the zip up.

Originally Posted by TTO

Can you lengthen those sleeves?

Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz

Love this.

Originally Posted by ndw

I feel like your jacket looks shrunken. To me it also makes you look heavy. If you don't mind, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no, it's not really "that bad". I just think other posters can detail other stuff and likely no one would comment on the button stance. Guess that bit of bad news for you makes me feel a little more fortunate that I "only" lost my wallet and brand new Galaxy S earlier in the month. Korea isn't too kind sometimes
frown.gif

Yeah, but I try to keep it in perspective. The same job that fucked me was how I met some new friends. As for losing phones, I know someone who lost theirs on a beach and an old korean lady actually went so far as to mail it back to him.

Keeping it on subject... all looks good someother. I can't comment much on fit since you're seated, but nothing seems to be bunching up badly or the such.

It's amazing how much decent photos bring up a look too. PG is pro at making what he's wearing look good (not that it doesn't otherwise.) Reminds me of this - http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/do...y-by-accident/

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jan_
This thing costs USD 1,000? I don't mind paying that sum for a SC or so, but for a tie clip? C'mon... you're kidding. No, of course, you're not. You know, in my business we use to say "there aren't 1,000 dollar prostitutes, there are only 1,000 dollar suitors." My translation might not be proper but I guess you get the picture...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
$1000 tie pin, if you didn't mention that I would just think it's a gold color pin. But with great respect sir, you look great like always.
Originally Posted by jamesbond
I'm pretty sure he's kidding, looks like a regular safety pin and it wouldn't be BV without a woven design on it.
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
He's not kidding, and it lists for USD$1,300.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
I saw that too ... i hope its 24 karat gold, infused with platinum.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by jamesbond
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by forex
+1,stupid.
- well what can I add but it is white gold & a recent Xmas present from a special friend
- also how different is it to jewelry

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Suit: Polo USA, virtually identical to Chester Barrie Purple Label...$125.00 on E-Bay
- great suit & colours

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Beginning of the day:

P1060505.jpg

End of the day:

P1060476.jpg

Ready for the weekend...

- instant FULL re-quote

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, looks great UC. (No black bus driver's shoes with that, I hope?)
^
(So did your white trouser combo, PG.)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
but does high buttoning even flatter anyone?
rarely see it look good.

Agreed. It's tough to do well. No one's really been able to pull it off since Nehru. And he went all the way.

pj_nehru_9.jpg

So did these guys:

beatles-sgt-pepper.jpg

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
P1060505.jpg

Great contrast, UC. And I'm not just talking about the gray on purple.
bigstar[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics