• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
first sperrys now whale belts du is a cutting edge style maven

HarrisonK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
first sperrys now whale belts du is a cutting edge style maven

Jet, all of SF knows Sperrys are arguably the best shoe made because they go with everything. Especially nautical whale belts from a store originated in a beach town.

What do you wear when you go to your house in Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket, or just for a day at the country club? I think Sperry boat shoes and nautical Vineyard Vines belts are wonderful!

And on a side note Jet, where did you go to college if you don't mind me asking?

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
Jet, all of SF knows Sperrys are arguably the best shoe made because they go with everything.

teacha.gif

^ apparently this is what they teach you at school...

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hoozah
yes/no? they're 698.00.. kind of expensive.

Do you like them enough to spend $700 on them?
Putting that decision in the hands of strangers on the internet is completely ridiculous.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carpe derbies used twice **** yeah!!!
Was gonna buy a dyson vacuum but gonna use my swiffer and carpes instead

Edit: this was meant for recent purchases

PersonalJesus

Reaction score
^If you think of all the items you could buy with those 700 dollars... no. they may be worth 700 dollars in another context (assuming your wardrobe is 99% complete today), but you have to always consider alternatives if they do exist.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Do you like them enough to spend $700 on them? Putting that decision in the hands of strangers on the internet is completely ridiculous.
Maybe he's defaulting to u guys insight on their quality/value? I mean, 909 pages into this thread, why have this epiphany now? It's much more fun to be an asshole though I guess.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Maybe he's defaulting to u guys insight on their quality/value? I mean, 909 pages into this thread, why have this epiphany now? It's much more fun to be an asshole though I guess.
There has been more than enough talk of them on here and there isn't much more that can be said. If he's unsure he can wait and see if his size is still around when they go on sale. And yeah, it's just way more fun to be an asshole. Though in a way, you are right in that I am trivializing the purpose of this whole thread, but those boots have just been discussed to death. Plus, we don't know his budget...like they said up there^ he could use the money for a lot of other things, but if he's like that Jason guy, then hey, why not. I mean, you know if you want to spend $700 on a pair of boots or not. There are other black boots out there. They look great, but its not like there's something secret about them that's going to convince you they are better or worse than anything else. If you're not sure and you're just asking for approval, then you're buying a $700 pair of boots for the wrong reasons. Brinbro put it much better than I did.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Buy them if you can afford them, need a pair of boots that will last forever if taken care of, and if you would be upset if they somehow disappeared because the inventory is sometimes scarce (at least the W+H version).

If not then don't even bother, they're just boots and not worth going into debt for.

FWIW I have a pair and they were worth it. Although you can get them cheaper sometimes on the forum (albeit not lately).

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
WH-7014BK.jpg

One of the things I regret the most is not buying my size for 325 dollars...

UserName84

Reaction score
What size are you? If you scour the sales section of here and sufu they might pop up. I waited about a year and just got some for $400 in my size which doesnt pop up ever.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
What size are you? If you scour the sales section of here and sufu they might pop up. I waited about a year and just got some for $400 in my size which doesnt pop up ever.

I bought the brown version off b&s for $450 nib, awesome boots but I personally wouldn't pay retail. Plenty of boots in the $400 range that are also quite nice. Since he states that they are kinda expensive, that signals to me money could probably be used better elsewhere or wait it out and look for a deal.

stinger70

Reaction score
had a look in all saints the other day, none of the stuff looks very good in the flesh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads