• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Congrats on the most confusing post of the day.

I'm sick of my clarks. I'm not a shoe person, so I don't know of any good replacements.

mk.ultra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I'm sick of my clarks. I'm not a shoe person, so I don't know of any good replacements.

I just got some RJ Colt Oscar chukka boots. The toe area is a little wider than the Clark's so they work better for me. Were only $76 shipped and they look great.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mk.ultra
I just got some RJ Colt Oscar chukka boots. The toe area is a little wider than the Clark's so they work better for me. Were only $76 shipped and they look great.

Reminds me too much of Clarks.

Spyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
This could very well be true. I bought a pair of Olive Green from DavidZ and the color was off from what they were advertising on their site, by a lot. The actual boots I got look nowhere close to the ones they had,the Olive Green on their site had a very dark color, almost like grey. They definitely need better picture.
But the Navy Blue looks pretty good though, let me know how they look in person if you do get them.

Also, I got my Beeswax DB from Banana Republic today, the sole were dirty again. What the **** man...

I was thinking of getting a pair of Blue Leather and the Matte black from davidz.com but i saw a number of ppl selling away their matte black dbs and oh well something might be wrong that's why ppl were selling them away. On the other hand i remb a forumer here posted that the actual colour of the blue leather was way too dull from the pictures. Or isit you?

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
can someone confirm via the stamp on the inside of their shoes that the UK size is one half smaller than the US?

about to make an international order and want to make sure I get the right size.

closer to a full size.

mas_cerveza

Reaction score
Anyone a size 6?

Nordstrom has a pair of sand for $46.90 + $5.00 shipping = $54.90.

Not bad at all, though I'm guessing 6 is not a common size.

robotosan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
How do you keep your soles so clean? Mine are turning black!!!
i havent done anything... I've only owned them for about a month. I just need to get some oil on these puppies though.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spyro
I was thinking of getting a pair of Blue Leather and the Matte black from davidz.com but i saw a number of ppl selling away their matte black dbs and oh well something might be wrong that's why ppl were selling them away. On the other hand i remb a forumer here posted that the actual colour of the blue leather was way too dull from the pictures. Or isit you?

222.jpg

This is the olive green I bought. Tell me if the color looks like what they had on their site.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robotosan
i havent done anything... I've only owned them for about a month. I just need to get some oil on these puppies though.

Oil? What do you mean? My shoes are like black on the bottom now. It's nasty!

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
I wouldn't, it gets very cold and if NYC is wet at the time of your vacation, be prepared to slip every 5 steps(i might be exaggerating a bit) but you will slip nonetheless. The crepe soles are not made for the snow or rainy environment.

Listen to this man, because half the sidewalks in the city are still covered in ice. NYC needs to discover this amazing thing called salt.

Reminds me too much of Clarks.

Look through the shoes and boots thread for inspiration? It sounds like you're just desert boots-ed out. Plenty else out there, although admittedly at this price point you've got to hunt for the good stuff.

eshiku

Reaction score
For those those that have theirs from David Z, do pairs like matte black / navy blue / olive runs the same as the regular clarks DB on sizing?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the bushacres are desert boots with a better sole?
eh.gif

yes, not the crappy crepe sole. both of my boots are bushacres and i love them more than db's. no offense to db owners but the sole was the reason why i got these vs db's

walkintothefire

Reaction score
I ended up getting the beeswax leather bushacre's as well and I'm loving them. I really like the firmer sole on them but my only complaint is my pair is just not as dark as the normal beeswax db's i see. It's much more of a light honey color. I tried using the clarks dark brown leather sponge thing to see if it would stain them a bit but it didn't help so much. Any suggestions on how to make them a bit darker?

lwkeung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
Oil? What do you mean? My shoes are like black on the bottom now. It's nasty!

It's a crepe sole. It's naturally gummy and stick, so you can't do anything about it getting dirty.
I mean, the most you can do is clean it with soap and oil, or take a knife and shave off the top layerof the crepe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads