• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this
obscur20110641.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
Dude needs to chill out on thesaurus/dictionary abuse.

+1. I'm pretty sure he only knows what about a third of the words he used mean.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like if one refuses to be sold by marketing/hype, then one can also ignore ****** marketing/hype.

At least, this is what i convinced myself after having my girlfriend drag me to A&F and find that their shirts are the best fitting things for ever and they even have some not-terrible patterns.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Don't get me wrong, the clothes seem cool. But it's so pretentious and esoteric.

As DFW says, it's "embarrassing in the special way that something pretentious is embarrassing when it's also wrong." It's how thirteen year olds think intelligent people communicate.

And "immure" is a transitive verb, not an adjective, although I see what they're going for.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some custom Viccel socks (who advertise on the MC forum) and the dudes (in Turkey..?) have followed up with me like 5 times asking if I liked the socks. I do like them, and told them I did. In reality as soon as I opened them they got thrown in the mix with the rest of the dark socks and I can't find them....but I'm sure they're nice. I like Viccel and their follow up....but it's getting to be like that SNL skit...

"joo like teh juiiice, ehh?" -- "...he likes the juuice.."

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I feel like if one refuses to be sold by marketing/hype, then one can also ignore ****** marketing/hype.

At least, this is what i convinced myself after having my girlfriend drag me to A&F and find that their shirts are the best fitting things for ever and they even have some not-terrible patterns.

just get mtm

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
obscur.jpg

Why you hatin' on Obscur?

all this needs is a big cartoon shark with zippers for teeth and it will be the best selling thing ever (10)

also i want to see devilsinthedetails read aloud what he wrote and listen to how toolish he sounds

brokejew

Reaction score
I'm asking $100 for a bag in my sales post. Someone offered me $65 + $20 worth of Brooks Brothers credit.

imma lurker and I loled at this.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm asking $100 for a bag in my sales post. Someone offered me $65 + $20 worth of Brooks Brothers credit.

Got the same offer for something of mine
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads