• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^Care to share the size compared to your chest size?

I'll pass the deposits along with the orders in a week or so, so the shop wins if someone backs out
smile.gif

I don't even think there is a size tagged on it but I'll have a look when I get home.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Oh, you're right. There are no size tags, as far as I remember.

Originally Posted by cr1234
Do you know when the shop will want the money? Will it be as soon as the order's placed?
They'll want the balance when the cardigan arrives in shop in Oct/Nov. Plenty of time to save up
smile.gif

Atleee

Reaction score
Since this has been allowed outside F&S and that man looks very happy with his knit, I assume this is quite a good offer. Could someone explain what makes this great?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just about the only other place to get this cardigan in this assortment of colors is in Japan, where they are $500-600. Inverallan makes very solid handmade wool knits.

cr1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
They'll want the balance when the cardigan arrives in shop in Oct/Nov. Plenty of time to save up
smile.gif

Oh, awesome! Made a note on my calendar to remind me before next weekend.

gululv

Reaction score
VAT means tax? For non-EU buyers?
The burgundy one looks fantastic. I might be interested.

Eccles

Reaction score
I managed to order an aran from Inverallan and was very pleased with the experience

the wait is worth it

amazing to think a single person knits every one

over 90 hours of knitting

i believe they also offer different yarns for example i chose a tweed wool

is that possible for this order zissou?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^Man of the people? With a non-refundable deposit clause? I say he's a filthy capitalist masquerading as a 19th century sailor.

lol8[1].gif

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eccles

also wondering the same thing...

JohnnyLaw posted this in the old thread, was wondering if we could pick from it?
KILCARRAARANTWEED-1.jpg

KILCARRAARANTWEED-2.jpg

from this post

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zissou - you're probably going to get mad for this question...but where is the link to the sizes and measurements? I did a quick Google search, but the results were from sites not in English. I see measurements of chest sizes, but would love to know the other measurements such as pit to pit and pit to sleeve.

The pics remind me of the small run sweaters 4HM had that I missed out on.

I'm in it for sure. You probably need to remind me in 8-9 months to pay the remaining balance though since I may not remember, haha.

Looking at the various pictures....I'm down to either the vibrant royal blue or one of the boring earth tone colors.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chip
http://www.donegalyarns.com/

good catch, it appears the numbers match up...but the question remains

i was at a beams in tokyo last month and they had a bunch of tweed flecked inverallan cardigans and i was curious if those would be offered as an option in this group buy

(kelvinsense's/driveslowk's inverallancardigan for sale keeps my hopes up that it could be considered an option for "any inverallan color you want")

zissou, thanks for putting this together!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gululv
VAT means tax? For non-EU buyers?
The burgundy one looks fantastic. I might be interested.

Value Added Tax = 20% I believe for just UK. Or, do EU buyers have to pay VAT when ordering from the UK?

Originally Posted by Eccles

Originally Posted by hnlax
also wondering the same thing...
I don't see why not if those are from Inverallan. It's hard to tell exactly what some of those colors are, though, so it would be a bit of a crapshoot. Again, your best bet would be finding a photo of an Inverallan sweater in one of the tweeds for a better idea. Definitely give me a second choice on the tweeds. I will add those photos to the second post, along with photos of whatever tweed cardigans I find. Feel free to help
smile.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
good catch, it appears the numbers match up...
Good eye. All I can say is that I will do my best to find out if they are available. Definitely look at the swatches on the Donegal Yarns site rather than the yarn cards. And, definitely give me a second choice. Damn, you guys are making this complicated
wink.gif
EDIT: I am going to take down the photos of the yarn cards and just refer people to the Donegal yarns site since the photos are so much better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads