• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Exactly. A few months back I was looking for a pair of black suede shoes. I am well into the two-digit area myself. I didn't find anything to my liking, and didn't really want to spend a fortune on black suede, as I figured it wasn't something I'd wear super duper often. I had a watch out on eBay, and some nice ones came along for a good price, so I snatched them up.

Although I agree with gdl that there is almost always a better option than black suede (or black shoes in general), it does fill a hole in my collection and I think there are times that they would work nicely. For example, I think black suede shoes would have looked cool with this outfit:

2010-11-15a.jpg

one of your better fits. the black turtleneck works for you like Steve Jobs wears them.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly. A few months back I was looking for a pair of black suede shoes. I am well into the two-digit area myself.

I think black suede shoes would have looked cool with this outfit:

2010-11-15a.jpg

i know.

very cool. i like black shoes in general. atm, no suede as my suede contingent is not really existing.

let's stick to gregs proposal and see how they incorporate. i'm looking forward to it.

ps: if you ever have a gap for a pinkish grape suede. pls let me know...

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Let's revisit in a few months and see if you made them work for you - I'd be interested.
C'mon. This is BB we're talking about here. He'd wear them buttnekkid with a sc and braces connected to his undies with otc socks
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ ah sorry I don't read WAYWT ...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
what?!

FWIW your fave suit of mine is FS:

Looks good. Good luck

trader

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I absolutely love those Paul Smith boots.
they were the most i've paid for shoes. bought at retail in japan so you can only imagine! they're surprising well built. they're my most well worn shoes, worn almost every day during a 6 week backpacking trip with lots of rain, and i use them in the snow here, and they still look like they've only been worn a few times including the soles which are dainite. cheaney doesn't get enough love around here (the top line at least) actually, funny story why i bought them. i was wearing some cheaper brown boots like the pradas on a trip to japan, but it had been raining so much that they were soaked and i wanted to go outside so i wore flip flips. i was in a coffee shop and i was chatting it up this really pretty girl for a good hour. and as i was ready to leave she started writing down her number and midway through she had dropped this ring she had been playing with. so she bends down to pick it up in full view of my flip flops, looks at them for a moment, gets her ring and pops back up. she stopped writing her number and gave me her email instead. she never replied to my email. lol was it the flip flops? i don't know. but it was enough for me to go out that day and buy some new shoes!
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
- What?!
butbut.gif
No (tassel) loafers?
smile.gif
Great collection though.

i have enough loafers and driving shoes to make another circle
smile.gif
no tassel loafers yet. i've always had this strong hate towards them but now i'm beginning to warm up to them thanks to SF. just need a good modern last and suede IMO

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
Agreed, I love EG's pebble grain.

+1

Although are these the normal pebble grain or more of that pindot style which is essentially smaller pebble grain?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
+1

Although are these the normal pebble grain or more of that pindot style which is essentially smaller pebble grain?

Looks like a smaller pebble grain to me. I posted some EG Troon a few pages back which have a much larger "pebble" to the grain.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like a smaller pebble grain to me.

+1, if not to say tiny tiny

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
+1

Looks like a smaller pebble grain to me. I posted some EG Troon a few pages back which have a much larger "pebble" to the grain.

Originally Posted by fritzl
+1, if not to say tiny tiny

Yup, it's technically pingrain!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
30bl24j.jpg

cigar tassels

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads