• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Definitely not part of the budget fit day.. Bottega Veneta tie clip alone is a 1000 clams

Is it just me, or is the tie clip actually a collar pin? I have several (not of the precious metal content of PG's, positing such from its price) of the same size and shape. If it is a collar pin, it is a clever re-purposing of said ornament - works excellently with the knit tie.

Originally Posted by gregaz
This is GREAT upr. This is what an adult suit looks like. The tailoring is totally spot on! And no love for purple here either, but it's your thang ... run with it.

The purple tie was worn because it will most likely be a sweaty mess by the end of the evening, and I didn't want to ruin a good tie. As it is, it's been a quirk of my shirt rotation that I've been wearing as much purple (in all its varieties) of late - I really need to return to more conventional colors . . .

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LilacCords
Some cool looks here!
... I should've been clearer - the shoulder padding is a bit much on a slim guy like you. And I wouldn't know about the bases ... my people pulled out back in the 80's ...
wink.gif
Dusseldorf is really cool, however. What is that restaurant where Napoleon dined, near the water? Loved that place. ...

Appreciated, thx. What, Napoleon dined on the shoreside....definitely need to see that place, haven´t spend that much time outdoors... Well, my usual cheapness...about 250 € roughly (shoes, socks, jeans, belt, shirt, tie, pullover, vest, coat, ps and flower)...
210120113265.jpg
210120113270.jpg
210120113271.jpg
210120113272.jpg
I´ll be off for a skiing trip to Austria by tomorrow. Talk to you guys in a week
wink.gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
...26 freaking degrees below zero this morning...

ffffuuuu.gif

its 66 degrees warmer than that here in Atlanta

fight[1].gif

Originally Posted by Sazerac
And my last thoughts are, the pants could use an iron, but why nitpi...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
He's not kidding, and it lists for USD$1,300.

I saw that too ... i hope its 24 karat gold, infused with platinum.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit- New with tags 1/2 price from £300, and then for some reason another %50 was taken off at the online checkout ?? so £75 for half canvas British fabric DB!
Shirt- thrifted new with tags, £ 6
Tie- Panta $99 - £70ish
shoes- new, boxed, with shoe bags, spare laces, shoe horn and crappy plastic trees- reduced to £60, buy one get one free!
pocket square- set of two linen handkerchiefs, £8
so all in about £185

-TTO

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

Suit- New with tags 1/2 price from £300, and then for some reason another %50 was taken off at the online checkout ?? so £75 for half canvas British fabric DB!
Tie- Panta $99 - £70ish
shoes- new, boxed, with shoe bags, spare laces, shoe horn and crappy plastic trees- reduced to £60, buy one get one free!
so all in about £185

-TTO

Oh, I mean....awesome, Theo!!
lol8[1].gif

You know I love the POW and the DB.

Mike

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
What, Napoleon dined on the shoreside....definitely need to see that place, haven´t spend that much time outdoors...

Ja, d00d. It's called Zum Schiffchen. Supposedly 350 years old ... Here is a pic of me there in 2003.

GMIPL3216.JPG

GMIPL3212.JPG

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I was up trying to taking pics in the pre-dawn light. Thus, I am going to mix in some older shots of this identical fit as most shots were way too dark today.

Suit: Polo USA, virtually identical to Chester Barrie Purple Label...$125.00 on E-Bay
Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger Ithaca...$29.99 at TJ Maxx
Tie: Barba 7 Fold...$1.50 at local Goodwill
Square: Linen...$12.99 at Steinmart
Shoes: Vintage Wright Cordwainers....$50.00 on E-Bay.

Total: $219.48.

Have a great day, budgeteers!!!

Mike

Budget-1.JPG

PNail-1.JPG

PNail-2.JPG

PNail-3.JPG

You should be slapped for getting that tie for $1.50! The entire fit is an ode to thrifting.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
You should be slapped for getting that tie for $1.50! The entire fit is an ode to thrifting.

They opened a Goodwill down the street from me and directly across the street from a very nice, very large, gated community. I have been harvesting some amazing stuff from there since it opened. This was one of the best scores.
smile.gif

Thanks, Mr. D.

Mike

jpaubry

Reaction score
A bit hard to tell from the pic, but I like that pocket square with the coat.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

Tie- Panta $99 - £70ish
so all in about £185

-TTO

Holy Steeezus Christ, that is just....wow....
worship.gif

Ja, d00d. It's called Zum Schiffchen. Supposedly 350 years old ... Here is a pic of me there in 2003.

GMIPL3216.JPG

GMIPL3212.JPG

Yeah, allright...been there...you spent some time in "Kreuzherreneck"?
smile.gif

inlandisland

Reaction score
I'll jump in on the "cheap" challenge because it might be the only one for which I could ever be appropriately dressed. I can't remember exactly what I paid for each item, but I can give very close approximations.

Cord Jacket: $30 (new - clearance)
Abboud Shirt: $0 (new - store credit)
Wool Tie: $15 (ebay from idfnl)
Wool Sweater: $15 (new - clearance)
Chinos: $30 (new)
PS: $4 (made by a friend)

Total: $94

Suede Wingtips: $50 (new - clearance)
Tailoring: $8 for shirt, most I do on my own.

Actual: $154

Cheap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads