• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

false

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alanjav
i posted a pic earlier, but here's a more detailed pic of my Alden Horween Cordovan Long Wing Blucher in Color #8 with double oak leather soles.

IMG_1290.jpg

More pics and info on where to buy on my blog.

These are gorgeous and the Bureau is awesome but are they seriously $900+ or is there some VAT discount I'm missing?

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
was at a houseparty a couple of months ago and this guy comes up to me and asks "are those alden indys?" i replied, "yeah, i bought them from leathersoul a while ago." he then introduced himself to me, i talked a bit with one of his lady friends, and ended up spending the night underneath her.

my aldens got me laid. thank you bootmaking lords.

Shoos can get you laid. Fact.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
Indys in cigar are knockouts.

Originally Posted by mcarthur
i like your cigar indy boots

Thanks, gents. Took me forever to find these things, and I couldn't be more pleased. I like having all eyelets, the 360 degree welt and commando sole to differentiate them from my other Indys too.

I think for now, my Indy boot collection is full: cigar, whiskey, #8 and black shell, 405s, reverse chamois and brown chromexcel. What's next? Ravello? #4? Haha, yea right...

LS x SF boot in #8 on the Plaza last today.

alanjav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
These are gorgeous and the Bureau is awesome but are they seriously $900+ or is there some VAT discount I'm missing?

false...i hate to say it but that's true. I was fortunate enough to snag the last nine and since it had been tried on around the shop (and not outside), Gareth was able to make me an offer I couldn't refuse...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
I think for now, my Indy boot collection is full: cigar, whiskey, #8 and black shell, 405s, reverse chamois and brown chromexcel. What's next? Ravello? #4? Haha, yea right...

You need suede! Tom mentioned chocolate brown coming soon.
indy007.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_20110121_081624.jpg

Picked up another longwing, this time from ebay. Alden 639 on the truflare last. Shoe is surprisingly sleek for a longwing. Heel has the same trubalance rubber heel as does my indy 403. Another nice feature is the scotchgrain : )

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Picked up another longwing, this time from ebay. Alden 639 on the truflare last. Shoe is surprisingly sleek for a longwing. Heel has the same trubalance rubber heel as does my indy 403. Another nice feature is the scotchgrain : )
Nice find, but there's nothing sleek about the truflare.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
You need suede! Tom mentioned chocolate brown coming soon.
indy007.jpg

Those are great looking boots...and you're exactly right! I need those. Not in chocolate brown suede though, Ibut 'd love to get some tan or snuff suede. If Tom's gonna have those in the spring, I am just going to have to pick them up.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Nice find, but there's nothing sleek about the truflare.

Compared to my Barrie last cordo LW, Grant last cordo LW, & Tremont last cordo WT, they are pretty sleek
satisfied.gif

Also consider the baroquing. The aforementioned shoes can look bulky regardless of last due to the thicker leather detailing.

ColtSAA45

Reaction score
i posted a pic earlier, but here's a more detailed pic of my Alden Horween Cordovan Long Wing Blucher in Color #8 with double oak leather soles.

IMG_1290.jpg

Will a store in the United States please make up a batch of these?

Love at first sight!

triumphman

Reaction score
Just wondering when sending in shoes for resoling, if Alden can change the welt on the shoes. (i.e. originally close heel welt ----> let's say, 360 storm welt)

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ColtSAA45
Will a store in the United States please make up a batch of these?

Love at first sight!

those are amazing! if i hadn't just bought a pair of whiskey longwings, they would be mine!!! would love to see a color 8 shortwing with that sole... if i could find those, i would be done for a while. wear them well! post pics, as they age

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_1290.jpg

Exactly the shoe I am hunting for but in a shortwing. Anyone know where to find it?

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Exactly the shoe I am hunting for but in a shortwing. Anyone know where to find it?

that;s 2 of us! we might be on to something...

REguy

Reaction score
^ Make that 3...paging Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads