• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The semiotics of "Sent from my iPhone."

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got rid of everything. Who cares where it was sent from?

Also, I don't think using a mobile device is an excuse to send emails full of errors. If you send it from a computer, tablet, phone, etc. it should be spelled and punctuated correctly. Just my two cents.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its incredibily douchey to have. I actually know a kid who placed music notes around it, clearly in an effort to be more of a d-bag.

If you're gonna cry and get all butt-hurt over email brevity then I'm gonna give you something to cry about

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
totally unnecessary and only caters to the apple snobs out there who think they're so great because they're disciples of steve jobs.

-sent from my palm pilot

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
totally unnecessary and only caters to the apple snobs out there who think they're so great because they're disciples of steve jobs. -sent from my Handspring
Fixed this to be more retro

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read a tip once that you should put that sig on your regular email too and never send more than a one-line email. I thought it was a great tip.

EMY

Reaction score
I deleted that sig because I don't want people to know I can receive/send email on the go.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
u r so rite.
Laughing ****** off, thank you.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, the medium is the message. I think it's a big "look at me", but so is the iPhone itself.

Sazerac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Hey, the medium is the message. I think it's a big "look at me", but so is the iPhone itself.

Look at all you snobs, puttin' on airs by wearin' shoes with laces 'stead of Velcro and drivin' cars with two workin' headlights.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I changed it to "Sent from my butt"

One time a professor sent me an email and it had the "sent from my blackberry" signatured and I forgot to change the "sent from my butt" so now he thinks I'm mocking him

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
However, if you see that it was sent from a mobile device, it means that you're receiving a sort of improvised on-the-go response that excuses its brevity.

What say you? Is "sent from my iPhone" all right to leave on your email sig?

it's fine, for reasons you already mentioned

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads