• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
What kind of briefcase is that? Looks great.

Originally Posted by NOBD
I don't mind.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Nice SC, Nii. That the Garrison?

Originally Posted by EBugatti
Awesome!

Originally Posted by ndw
Nice and soft. I love the tie with the brown pindot PS.

Originally Posted by spoozy
Nice job

thanks guys - murse is by BB and jacket is indeed a Garrison by PRL, although EFW'd.

who makes the suit UC? was it discussed previously in a thread i missed?

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
A word of advice: If you like being felt up, start showing your Wang's. Women can't keep their hands off 'em.

ftfy

IronRock

Reaction score
I love charity shops! Shirt - brand new Charles Tyrwhitt, still in plastic wrapper - 7 pounds. Belt RL Polo, bought in Singapore 2 for 1 so guess it was about 25 pounds (+/-). Trousers are Brooks Brothers linen/cotton mix, 10pounds from the same charity shop as above, way too big, waist reduced and legs slimmed which was about 200 HKD. Shoes are some sort of Loake. Picked them up for about 12 quid in a Charity shop when I was at university in the North of England 10 years ago. Still holding up strong, god know how old they were before I got them, (sorry for the rather crap photos).

5374066183_7a463f7b95.jpg

5374665552_08aa4ccf99.jpg

5374066513_baf2df70c5.jpg

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
The point of this is to really just show off the shoulder expression.

isaia-1.jpg

It's an unlined cashmere DB with Loro Piana ZENIT Cashmere.

Off-topic, perhaps, but that's a really nice tie.

flix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Flix http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...0731&page=1035 Please pass on my regards to Wooster http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0909/0a/9af22fa5ea6b.jpg (as you’re new, I assure you this is not meant in a mean spirit!) Your first combination – the colours and patterns of the shirt/suit/tie/pocket square - was nice. You’ve worn this suit for your two posts in WAYWRN. Do you have another suit – what colour/pattern? As suggested, the shoes may be worth reconsidering (although I know people who have worn Lloyd's for many years - a bit stiff, but very decent, I think they say. Perhaps as with Church's, not quite as bad as some say).
Thanks. I posted two times with pictures in this thread. In each post a different suit. First combination was blue with blue and too big: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...12#post4024912 The second combination was a dark gray suit with a blue/red/white shirt / tie combination: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...02#post4032402 Both suits are striped very light. One is dark blue, the other one dark gray. I also have a plain black suit. Which unfortunately is too big now, too. And it's black - so I can't really wear it to work. Maybe just the trousers or jacket, but I guess not together. I bought it but luckily never got the chance to wear it (luckily no funeral since I bought the suit). I will try to alter the shirt a little in the sleeve's length. Maybe a button narrower would help a little. The trousers got altered before. You really think it needs to be shorter than that? Shoes: Well... I will try to get a nice pair of 'Van Bommel's' when I visit soer the next days. If they fit nicely, of course. I have to try because I need some inlets in my shoes... Waist: It's hard to narrow it more than this because my belly wants to breath a little.
laugh.gif
But maybe it is possible. Today no suit; I'm having a normal office day. We're allowed to wear what we like in the office - no dress code at all. (And.. what is it about this Wooster?)

alfair

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
I love charity shops! Shirt - brand new Charles Tyrwhitt, still in plastic wrapper - 7 pounds. Belt RL Polo, bought in Singapore 2 for 1 so guess it was about 25 pounds (+/-). Trousers are Brooks Brothers linen/cotton mix, 10pounds from the same charity shop as above, way too big, waist reduced and legs slimmed which was about 200 HKD. Shoes are some sort of Loake. Picked them up for about 12 quid in a Charity shop when I was at university in the North of England 10 years ago. Still holding up strong, god know how old they were before I got them, (sorry for the rather crap photos).

5374066183_7a463f7b95.jpg

5374665552_08aa4ccf99.jpg

5374066513_baf2df70c5.jpg

Nice, clean look in my newbie opinion.
smile.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
budget friday

i wont have time for this tomorrow so ill get it in early.

this is my first post in this thread and my first entrance in a friday challenge so be gentle folks, i know the sleeves need to be shortened and the shoes may not be sf approved but here goes

sorry if the pics arent great my wife got annoyed with this craziness

suit - pal zileri at the rack $340

shirt - bb on-line sale $50

tie - zegna at the rack $40

2011-01-21_00-13-00_662.jpg

2011-01-21_00-14-38_223.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice tie TB.

Originally Posted by ndw
That is some serious layering, and those kicks are meant for the snow. No salt damage on those guys
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Stoppy
Nice shoes.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
thanks guys - murse is by BB and jacket is indeed a Garrison by PRL, although EFW'd.
who makes the suit UC? was it discussed previously in a thread i missed?

I knew it was a Garrison!
fistbump.gif
Looks good. My suit was an eBay find that needed some major surgery: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=213453

Originally Posted by in stitches
budget friday
Good deal on that suit.

Kaip911

Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle

I LOVE This Jacket!! You play off that conservative style very well. wow man you always take great photography. When I first came here I thought you took your pictures off a Nordstrom's catalog or something. lol

21543525vWw.jpg

I love DB jacket, but I like them warn with a tie.

P1060406.jpg

That's a beautiful jacket I love the patch pockets. I was there a few weeks ago! I love that place.

This suit still need some work, but its my only navy one for now.

IMG3_12011.jpg

IMG2_12011.jpg

IMG1_12011.jpg

Jan_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flix
Shoes: Well... I will try to get a nice pair of 'Van Bommel's' when I visit soer the next days. If they fit nicely, of course. I have to try because I need some inlets in my shoes...

Van Bommel was only a suggestion. Many upper scale shoe shops have sales currently (at least in Berlin Kurfuerstendamm do I see many of them) of around 50%, so for the same money you'd get something better than the van Bommel. And invest the EUR 20-35 for shoe trees (wood, not plastic), ask them to give you those that fit the shoes you buy.
(And don't be surprised if they feel at bit stiff in the beginning, this will change after three days of wearing or less.)

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
I think it's too much, Spoozy. Shirt and jacket would've been too much. You add the tie, the PS, the vest and the scarft and it just feels like too much. In other observations - the coat fits you nicely in the waist, but the shoulders seem to be a bit much. Do you live in Mannheim or Frankfurt?

Damn it
wink.gif

Thx for the note on that fit...funny thing is, the shoulders are even narrower than those of some of my other sc´s...must be the angle, i guess.
I partially live in Düsseldorf and Wiesbaden (you might know that city, there´s a big army flight base just round the corner...

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Spoozy, dont say Darmstadt or Heidelberg, whatever you do....
smile.gif

Nope, i won´t...this is forbidden territory.
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
img2593d.jpg

Lots of great textures here all deftly layered together. Looks cozy, especially against that backdrop.

Closeup-59.jpg
Originally Posted by PaoloM
That not really could be adjusted better to compensate for that tie space with that type of collar.

It's a VERY crunchy tie, Paolo, and I have so far not been able to coax it into a double 4-in-hand, which I think would have done the trick. Double Fours are a bit taller and narrower than Regular Fours (at least the way I tie them), and I presume that's the kind of change you're recommending?

21543525vWw.jpg

Very nice fit, but the lapels are disappointingly spare for such an otherwise splendid DB jacket.

LilacCords

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

No input for the Friday challenge I'm afraid, working from home today. Here is my week's outfits however. Have a great weekend.

sf001.jpg

sf002.jpg

sf003.jpg

sf004.jpg

sf005.jpg

sf006.jpg

sf007.jpg

sf008.jpg

sf009.jpg

sf010.jpg

sf011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads