• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
I think you should tease us with fabric swatches, if you have any.
biggrin.gif

Would love to - I should be able to get some on Monday. Teasing can commence shortly after that!

Just placed an order for white & blue oxfords, a new dress shirt (cutaway collar navy gingham), and a totally gonzo surprise shirt.

Originally Posted by nbernie
Hi Mike,
Any thoughts on getting an Epaulet rewards program going? I now have 5 pairs of your pants and a pair of Aldens and every time I think how cool it would be if you could get people an account number or something where if they spend $1000 at the store they get $50 off next purchase. Along those lines. In any case absolutely love the shop!

Thanks so much for your orders and glad that you dig the pants! At the moment, our site doesn't have the technology to track coupons like that. I always admired how Context does that, but I have to weigh it against offering our 14-day refund policy, which our customers really appreciate.

Ultimately, I'm incredibly grateful for and humbled by all of the business that you guys give to my wife and I. I can promise you this - Styleforum will always get the first shot at any new pieces that we develop, and everyone here will always have first crack at any kind of sales, clearances, or special offers that we do.

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Mike, are your alden snuff longwings pretty much the same as the ones from leffot? (aside from the last...) rather buy them from you if so!

Yup, pretty much the same. His are on the Barrie last, mine are on the Leydon. Thanks!

Originally Posted by dsoren
Stoked to see the madras. Hope you will be doing some clean all-season poplins/oxfords as well. Will you be restocking any of the current F/W patterns? A few shirts I would love to kop that are out of stock in my size
frown.gif

Btw, I have yet to see an Epaulet shirt for sale in B&S. I am thinking that's a really good thing...

Oh, and the Alden shoe Appreciation you sent to my e-mail today was completely unnecessary.
laugh.gif

Oh, I know, those shoes look almost indecently good
devil.gif

White and Blue oxfords should be here in about four weeks. I tweaked the details a bit on them to set them apart from the pack. Most of the F/W sport shirt fabrics are sold out, but we'll probably keep most of the same dress shirts in the line.

Outside of Epaulet shirts, I'll have a new run of Ashland by Epaulet shirts, a restock of the EP's Chambray Utility shirts, the new EP's Chambray Western Shirt, and a freaking ton of shirts from Gant Rugger, Gant MB, Our Legacy, Gitman Vintage, and maybe even a few others (god, I can't remember all the stuff that I bought).

Originally Posted by nbernie
How about an Alden tassel loafer colab- How about natural chromexcel. I don't think that has ever been done?

Oh man, that sounds siiick! I love Natural Chromexcel. My orders for Fall '11 are finalized, but that's definitely something in the cards to Spring '12.

However, I've got another non-Alden loafer project cooking. Hopefully, I can offer something fresh within the next few months. Details will come!

Originally Posted by drbaw
Also, Mike, if by any chance somebody returns a pair of the guncheck in size 28 or if you have an extra pair lying around please PM me, or just send me an invoice. The size 28s in the trousers have been selling out quickly of late.

Absolutely! 28's have been getting zapped really fast lately - I'm already intending to up the production quantities for our next run.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Most of the F/W sport shirt fabrics are sold out, but we'll probably keep most of the same dress shirts in the line.

Tragic. If anyone has either of the ginghams (especially the grey) in a small that they went to get rid of let me know!

Haven't even received my first order yet and I'm already planning out all the stuff I'm going to cop! Btw, Mike, contacted you via e-mail about a press inquiry. Be on the look out.

.Impulsv

Reaction score
I decided to take a chance on the tweed sportcoat. It arrived today, and I'm very happy with it. I'll post some more about it tomorrow, but for now, here's a quick fit pic. EDIT: Jacket is a 40R. I don't know my Epaulet shirt size yet, but my experience is that the small is tight to an uncomfortable degree; I have a medium white oxford on the way to me.

*#..

Reaction score
^Nice fit. Mike I sent you another pm, could you hit me back? Thanks!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impulsv, please try it on with a proper shirt and trousers; you're not doing it justice. Least your bathroom mirror is clean.
wink.gif

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't button the top button. It could be a little long if you're planning to wear it casually, but for more dinner with a tie, etc. it looks good. Also looks like you may be able to fit into a size smaller, but that's hard to tell.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Don't button the top button. It could be a little long if you're planning to wear it casually, but for more dinner with a tie, etc. it looks good. Also looks like you may be able to fit into a size smaller, but that's hard to tell.

Size smaller? Doubt that.

.Impulsiv - Please list your typical Epaulet shirt size and the jacket size you're wearing in the pic to help others with fit reference.

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Yes, our leather should be delivered any day now. We're looking at an early March launch for it in black and brown. I've personally been using the sample for six months of nearly daily use, so it's the real deal. This thing is going to be killer!

Any possibility on getting some details on what it will looks like?

Also, I strongly support the increase in production of size 28 trousers.
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
I decided to take a chance on the tweed sportcoat. It arrived today, and I'm very happy with it. I'll post some more about it tomorrow, but for now, here's a quick fit pic.

Thank you sir! Looks like a solid fit - especially in the shoulders. You could probably get the sleeves taken up a bit if you like. I always wear mine with the top button done too, but I'm all mod like that. Thanks for posting the fit too.

Originally Posted by dsoren
Haven't even received my first order yet and I'm already planning out all the stuff I'm going to cop! Btw, Mike, contacted you via e-mail about a press inquiry. Be on the look out.

Very cool - will keep a look out for it. I didn't see anything come through yet - want to PM me your name?

Originally Posted by *#..
^Nice fit. Mike I sent you another pm, could you hit me back? Thanks!

Got you back brah.

Originally Posted by SeventyFive
Any possibility on getting some details on what it will looks like?

Also, I strongly support the increase in production of size 28 trousers.
smile.gif

Cool, let me work on that. And they'll be plenty of 28's coming down the road!

.Impulsv

Reaction score
So, about the sportcoat... I really like it. The tweed is interesting without being distracting, the construction is solid, and I like the silhouette. It's a great, dandy-ish complement to my other grey sportcoat, which is more casual and subdued (gunmetal corduroy, 2-button, single-vented, unpadded and unstructured shoulders). For people concerned about the shoulder measurements: The shoulder measurements are accurate, but a little... misleading? I've come to the conclusion that SW&D isn't used to dealing with structured shoulders. For example, the JCrew cord sportcoat mentioned earlier has unstructured shoulders and measures about 18.5" from seam to seam. The Epaulet tweed in 40R, with its lightly padded and structured shoulders, measures a little over 17.5" from seam to seam, but the light padding used to structure the shoulder extends about half an inch out on each side, resulting in a 18.5" point-to-point measurement (I term I stumbled across in MC). Hope that helps! I'll post pictures when I get home later.
Originally Posted by ahjota
Impulsv, please try it on with a proper shirt and trousers; you're not doing it justice. Least your bathroom mirror is clean.
wink.gif

What are "trousers?" :p My current uniform is grey (sport)coat + raw denim. I'll post a pic with a nicer shirt later; I just felt it would distract from the jacket for a fit pic.
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
I don't think I could size down. The waist needs to be taken in an inch or so, but the chest and shoulders are spot on.
Originally Posted by tonio028
Size smaller? Doubt that. .Impulsiv - Please list your typical Epaulet shirt size and the jacket size you're wearing in the pic to help others with fit reference.
I wear a 38R regularly, but sized up to 40R for this jacket. I updated the last post with more info.
Thank you sir! Looks like a solid fit - especially in the shoulders. You could probably get the sleeves taken up a bit if you like. I always wear mine with the top button done too, but I'm all mod like that. Thanks for posting the fit too.
Thanks, I'm glad the shoulders worked out. I've gotten a comment that it looks a little tight in the chest, though; I plan to visit my tailor today to see what she thinks.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
What are "trousers?" :p My current uniform is grey (sport)coat + raw denim. I'll post a pic with a nicer shirt later; I just felt it would distract from the jacket for a fit pic.

4972340771_63d3590aec_o.jpg

Unless you mean to wear the jacket with tees only, I think a more accurate fit pic would have you wearing a collared shirt underneath. But then I'm used to the MEGA PEACOAT thread where people constantly post pics of Sterlingwears over t-shirts and complain that it's too boxy or isn't warm enough.

Anyway. Mike, what other fabrics is the sportcoat going to come in?

jeisurii

Reaction score
Received my OD chinos I took a chance on the size, and they're just perfect! Up to 2 Rivet Chino colors, I could see this becoming an addiction~

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to check out those OD chinos...still waiting on mine...damn USPS...

This will be my first pair and I'm excited to see them in person and check out the fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads