• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
***** shut your mouth. You read Hell Blazer.
i mean in the synthese form of fashion-as-roleplay:
Originally Posted by Synthese
well said, uncontrol. I think what Kunk is reacting to (maybe?) is that there are posters (and obviously WAYWT is the only way, limited and imperfect as it is, to judge this) who seem to be stuck in the "what should I do" phase, and don't necessarily learn or think, but just react to every criticism, whether it's valid or not. Basing your purchases off of what a bunch of strangers on the internet tell you looks good (familiarity with sizing, construction, etc. is a different boat, I think), is pretty stupid. That doesn't mean that someone posting a picture and getting responses like "doesn't fit," "silhouette is wrong," and that sort of thing, isn't valuable. Ultimately, we're all in this to become responsible "readers" of fashion - like everything else, it's intimately tied to and infinitely removed from its context. That's why people "rag on Old Navy wearers," or whatever was said - if, after experimentation, you decide that all you want is to own a JCrew store, or six pairs of STF Levi's, more power to you, I guess. But I do think that SoCal was right, to an extent, about clothes vs. fashion - and again, that's dependent on the person - but for me, there's no (or at least, less) fantasy involved in wearing flannel and raw denim. It's not about blending in versus not blending in or anything like that, it's more about the really cerebral aspects of why you wear what you wear. I realize I'm meandering now, but it's early, so I'll stop. tl;dr: fashion is basically dungeons and dragons.
Also, it's Hellblazer. One word.
tounge.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
inlove.gif
Gimmicks. I'll make it a point to pick up something ridiculous if it makes it to the sale rack in my size. Probably not the reverse-fade jobbies, though; I don't think I'd wanna start crocking white resin all over my clothes and furniture.

That du rolled me a fat spliff once. too much tobacco though I coughed like a motherfucker. Used a N&F business card as the mouthpiece, it was cute.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of wearing it with indigo jeans, casually.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tokyo +
Originally Posted by nicelynice
also seeing deerhunter this weekend, and national and belle and sebastian the weekend after. **** yeah, civilization!!
Quite jealous!

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
I am looking for Jil Sander Spring Summer 2011 straight/tapered leg pants. The runway ones. In any material really. Ideally black but am also interested in the other colors. Barney's doesn't have any yet.

Does anyone know of any places that have received such thing yet?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. But I know it's fleece so I would expect some ugly-factor to it.

nonissue

Reaction score
That Kiya tweet is hilarious. He's got jeans dialed, but most of the outerwear/shirts (aside from some flannels) look pretty ******. for example:
FH-BLK_01.jpg
drybonejelly_01.jpg
FH-CAL_01.jpg
FH_SHIRT1.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
also seeing deerhunter this weekend, and national and belle and sebastian the weekend after. **** yeah, civilization!!
I really wanna see Deerhunter again. The only time I saw them, the sound at the venue was terrible. I wish Dismemberment Plan wasn't playing the same venue when they come here next week. edit: I have an extra ticket to the show (Starlight Ballroom in Philly next Thursday) if anyone's interested. PM me.
Originally Posted by Magician
That du rolled me a fat spliff once. too much tobacco though I coughed like a motherfucker. Used a N&F business card as the mouthpiece, it was cute.
Ha, ha, awesome.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw that Travis guy from Street Etiquette yesterday when I went to Opening Ceremony. heh

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and belle and sebastian the weekend after. **** yeah, civilization!!

fox in the snow, where do you go. Bring it back to 1998!

wangvicous

Reaction score
I need a bathrobe, I was looking at the Standard one. What do you guys have?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
once i came across the stock room of bath towels at the plaza hotel, the door was half open so i peaked inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads