• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Was feeling the need for a toddy-esque drink, so I mixed:

A mug of a spiced hibiscus tea
A splash of bitters
Lemon Zest
A tsp. of lemon juice
Splenda
A shot of Fireball Whiskey (a cinnamon flavored whiskey from Canada)

I was mostly trying to use what I had (short on all the usual suspects and had a couple of airline bottles I wasn't sure what to do with), but I must say I'm really happy with with I came up with. The whiskey emphasizes the cinnamon that's already hinted at by the tea and the whole thing comes together into a coherent, delicious beverage that's simulaneously warming and relaxing. I'll definitely try this again, maybe with one of the other flavored whiskeys we have laying around.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
laugh.gif
I am a pale, former shadow of myself. Although, I think I fared better than our photographer, back in April. In fact, he went on the "death ride" hours before we closed the joint.
smile.gif

Still staggering for me to contemplate -- and though I think I've set the "time at the bar in one sitting" record at the Tango -- 11hrs -- I can't piund them down that whole time. The photog, yeah well, best spoken of offline, but I thought he usually walked anyway?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBrown85
Broke up one fight yesterday and two today. Got a stray slug in the face from one of them (and a death threat for breakin' it up) so I'm washing it back with a gingerale and bacardi. Literally didn't feel like reaching for anything else.

Sounds like it's time to change your surroundings.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Redbreast 12....yum.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it less pleasurable to drink any other Irish whiskeys outside of Red Breast. I guess it's just the pot distillation?

Egert

Reaction score
Drinking tea from a cup, which has "I LOVE COFFEE" written on it. Bit of a fan of irony...

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vodka martini's. Stirred not shaken
smile.gif

I've been on these for a couple of weeks now. After the GF moved in with me I found she brought 3 bottles of martini with her, as I need the space in the fridge I resolved to find a cocktail that I would like as a coming home drink, the vodka martini was it. Just a basic stolichnaya with martini extra dry and stirred with an olive as the shaker isnt unpacked yet. (allthough i doubt that I would care to if it was)

allthough i have to admit there were some extra bottles bought in between.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^have you tried one made with gin yet?

And stirred is really better. If there's any measurable amount of vermouth in the drink, it will foam up and look bad in the glass.

Of course, shaking works for many because there isn't vermouth in the glass at all. It's just a straight glass of gin or vodka with an olive or a twist- and that ain't a martini.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on drinking an aviation when I get home tonight. I've been fiddling around with the recipe and I think I've settled on these proportions:

2 oz. gin
3/4 oz. maraschino
1/4 oz. creme de violette
3/4 oz. lemon juice

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yuengling!!

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Yuengling!!

Just bought a 6 pack of that today. I don't drink beer often, but when I do...

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having a Gibson right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads