• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
I think that would have been a good idea, although I don't know if Kunis was ever up for the role.

Still, Hathaway is by no means a bad choice.

anne-hathaway-gq-feb-01.jpg

I would call Anne Hathaway "beautiful". Not quite in a traditional way, but still beautiful. Sexy however? No. Catwoman should be sexy, seductive, and a bit bad-ass. Anne doesn't fulfill that role.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Black Swan helped me see Kunis as a serious actress, but I am still not convinced.

And I am still on the fence on Anne H being Catwoman, but at least she can hold her own in the movie. I can see Kunis being overshadowed my the rest of the cast.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Batman begins had two villains: Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul
Fair.
The Dark knight had three villains: Scarecrow, Joker, and Two-face.
Not really, though. Scarecrow was in it for 3 seconds, and Two Face was really not an antagonist. He spent 99% of the film as Harvey Dent, a good guy. The Joker was the clear lead villain and antagonist of the film.
We really don't know anything beyond the fact that they are in the movie. And the way I heard it reported was that she was playing Selina Kyle, with no mention of catwoman. Right now we just have no idea how he is playing it.
Interesting point, though I don't see how a character as one-dimensional as Bane can sustain a movie as the lead villain. So I would bet that Catwoman is on the main stage.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Interesting point, though I don't see how a character as one-dimensional as Bane can sustain a movie as the lead villain. So I would bet that Catwoman is on the main stage.

How is Bane one-dimensional?

Dude literally found out who Batman is, deviced a plan, made his way into the Batcave and broke Batmans back. Like I said before, don't be blinded by what they did to him in Batman & Robin movie. There is more to him than getting roided up and smashing everything in sight.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The title of this film is near tragic. The movie should have been called The Batman. The fact it's called Dark Knight Rises tells me the marketing folks already have their hands all over this one and are looking to play off the success of The Dark Knight to no end.

You may think this sounds silly but many movies get their titles because they are less "confusing" to people or ensure people know it's a sequel. Take the sadly named "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps". As soon as I heard that was the title I knew it was going to be garbage and this was confirmed after watching it for 15 minutes. Same thing with The Last Airbender. It was supposed to be called Avatar: The Last Airbender, but the marketing people thought the public might be confused. They must really think the general public is stupid.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
The title of this film is near tragic. The movie should have been called The Batman. The fact it's called Dark Knight Rises tells me the marketing folks already have their hands all over this one and are looking to play off the success of The Dark Knight to no end.

You may think this sounds silly but many movies get their titles because they are less "confusing" to people or ensure people know it's a sequel. Take the sadly named "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps". As soon as I heard that was the title I knew it was going to be garbage and this was confirmed after watching it for 15 minutes. Same thing with The Last Airbender. It was supposed to be called Avatar: The Last Airbender, but the marketing people thought the public might be confused. They must really think the general public is stupid.

Releasing a movie with "Avatar:" in the title would have the lawyers out in milliseconds. Your point about that was awful.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not given that "Avatar: The Last Airbender" has been around a helluva lot longer than Avatar.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not given that "Avatar: The Last Airbender" has been around a helluva lot longer than Avatar.

Yes, except the average layperson has no idea what A:TLA is. They would assume, wrongly, that it was associated with the James Cameron Avatar. I've seen copyright suits won for a lot less.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What? With it publicly known that Nolan will be directing and co-writing again, they could name this "Batmans **** his Pants" and people will still see it and probably break records. You're just looking for a reason to hate the damn movie.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Nolan should have looked at Melissa George or Amanda Peet for the part of Catwoman. Also, do they have to retire the Joker? Why couldn't someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt take it on? Better yet, give it to Gary Oldman. Ol' rubber face can do the lot. There's a part in Interstate 60 where he does the face, it's effortless. I'd have given him the role of The Joker from the start and allowed him to do whatever the hell he wanted with it.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
Nolan should have looked at Melissa George or Amanda Peet for the part of Catwoman. Also, do they have to retire the Joker? Why couldn't someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt take it on? Better yet, give it to Gary Oldman. Ol' rubber face can do the lot. There's a part in Interstate 60 where he does the face, it's effortless. I'd have given him the role of The Joker from the start and allowed him to do whatever the hell he wanted with it.

I seriously doubt anyone would really want that role, they would be living in Ledger's shadow.

darkknight

Reaction score
i would like to see johnny depp play the joker.

and lol @ all the angry comic book fan dark knight haters.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thread is making me want to read comics, so im ordering Garth Ennis' punisher max trade paperbacks

hope wife doesn't mock me mercilessly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads