• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I used to work for Frank Miller's old editor at Dark Horse. I don't think you realize how much he's done to change comics.

• He revived Daredevil and totally revolutionized superhero genre bending
  • He started the whole Wolverine-***-samurai deal with chris claremont
  • He revived batman with TDK and then hilariously deconstructed it with ASBARTBW
  • Big Guy and Rusty The Boy Robot and Hard Boiled with Geoff Darrow were both totally amazing
  • TDKSA which was an awesome celebration of superheroes that was entirely misunderstood. It's better off as being thought of as more of a Kingdom Come, rather than a TDKII

I agree. Born Again is one of the best story lines of all time. I enjoyed the Batman stuff when I was younger... but i have since lost interest. The Daredevil work is his best overall IMO.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I used to work for Frank Miller's old editor at Dark Horse. I don't think you realize how much he's done to change comics.
  • He revived Daredevil and totally revolutionized superhero genre bending
  • He started the whole Wolverine-***-samurai deal with chris claremont
  • He revived batman with TDK and then hilariously deconstructed it with ASBARTBW
  • Big Guy and Rusty The Boy Robot and Hard Boiled with Geoff Darrow were both totally amazing
  • TDKSA which was an awesome celebration of superheroes that was entirely misunderstood. It's better off as being thought of as more of a Kingdom Come, rather than a TDKII
Preaching to the choir here. When I was a kid, I had a shrine dedicated to FM. Just don't put him anywhere near a camera or script.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ Don't forget his influence on early Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The original TMNT comics were amazing..... I would love to see an animated series or movie in that vein. Though of course I loved the 80-90s series growing up, I'd like to see a less silly series sticking to the roots.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^This was pretty good:
Turtles_Forever_Poster.PNG
So was the one that release in 07.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ugh. Catwoman is such a boring villain, with no real substance other than to look hot. And Hathaway ain't even that hot. Thumbs down. And Bane? Lawl, ***** please. Why do they feel the need for two villains? Let me phone up the shark right now to let him know we'll be needing his services for a motorcycle stunt. I agree that the Riddler was not the right choice, though. Too soon after the Joker, and too many surface-level similarities. I wouldn't have minded a very new and very dark take on him, though. Make him less manic and more cerebral. Hannibal Lecter-esque.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Ugh. Catwoman is such a boring villain, with no real substance other than to look hot. And Hathaway ain't even that hot. Thumbs down.

And Bane? Lawl, ***** please. Why do they feel the need for two villains? Let me phone up the shark right now to let him know we'll be needing his services for a motorcycle stunt.

Batman begins had two villains: Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul
The Dark knight had three villains: Scarecrow, Joker, and Two-face.

We really don't know anything beyond the fact that they are in the movie. And the way I heard it reported was that she was playing Selina Kyle, with no mention of catwoman. Right now we just have no idea how he is playing it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scarecrow was in TDK for 5 minutes.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Ugh. Catwoman is such a boring villain, with no real substance other than to look hot. And Hathaway ain't even that hot. Thumbs down.

And Bane? Lawl, ***** please. Why do they feel the need for two villains? Let me phone up the shark right now to let him know we'll be needing his services for a motorcycle stunt.

I agree that the Riddler was not the right choice, though. Too soon after the Joker, and too many surface-level similarities. I wouldn't have minded a very new and very dark take on him, though. Make him less manic and more cerebral. Hannibal Lecter-esque.

+50. I was just talking to my co worker about this. The problem is Ms. Hathaway isn't sexy. Michelle Pfeiffer was sexy as Catwoman. Hathaway is too girl next doorish. They should have cast Mila Kunis in this role.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Scarecrow was in TDK for 5 minutes.
Yeah probably even less then that. I really didn't like this cameo; was pointless and took away from the pretty awesome portray of Scarecrow in Batman Begins.
Originally Posted by Slopho
They should have cast Mila Kunis in this role.
Yeah right, and maybe Topher Grace as Robin?!? No thanks

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
They should have cast Mila Kunis in this role.

I think that would have been a good idea, although I don't know if Kunis was ever up for the role.

Still, Hathaway is by no means a bad choice.

anne-hathaway-gq-feb-01.jpg

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
Yeah probably even less then that. I really didn't like this cameo; was pointless and took away from the pretty awesome portray of Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

Yeah right, and maybe Topher Grace as Robin?!?

No thanks

She's little and sexy, remember Catwoman is a cat burglar. What is lanky ass Hathaway sneaking in to steal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads