• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
g6VwX.png

stolen from willycheesesteak

http://www.selfedge.com/lookbook/Sel...kBook_2010.pdf

Check out page 2 of their look book. Hypocrite much? Dude should just be happy people buy **** like Mister Freedom. For every guy who pulls it off like zissou, a few dozen look like denim clad super nerds.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big advocate of the insult-my-customers marketing approach

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually didn't get any further, I saw the dude with a sledgehammer and called it quits.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shots fired via Tumblr...

Should someone accuse anyone of "bad looks" when they wore a denim tuxedo to your their own wedding?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
DHL probing me for customs information. It seems the people that contact you and tell you to e-mail them don't read your e-mails and just send you a generic template about your order asking for ridiculous information on name and address of manufacturer etc.

*sigh* probably won't be ordering from oki-ni anymore if they stick with DHL.

edit: this fabric detail sheet is even worse. "3. Total number of single ends per square centimeter: __________________
a. # of single ends in warp ____________
b. # of single ends in filling ____________

4. Weight of fabric in grams per square meter: ________________________"

and that's just the tip of the ice berg. what. the. ****.

FedEx cocksuckers called me the other day about the same thing.
i ordered a pair of junya pants and the MMM untitled cologne.
The package was listed as "wool pants" and "candle." DHL calls me to ask me what ingredients are in the candle to which i answered "it's not a candle its perfume." The drone responded with "oh that changes everything. I have to send this to Border Control & Protection because they handle perfumes." So then BCP sends me a form to fill out which requires my SSN. Illogically, the cocksuckers were complaining about the wool pants. They said any textile garment requires that the recipient fill out that special form. Its ridiculous. After arguing with them for two days telling them I wouldn't send my SSN unencrypted I finally gave up and just sent it. FedEx officially sucks. Mindless drones can all go eat a dick up.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
well this is just more terrible news i didn't click a tiny link to see

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
Effective Date: Aug 10, 2010
Print
Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
Refund Fee. Section 8.5 (Additional Fees) is amended to add a new refund fee. If you refund a Purchase Payment, we will retain the Fixed Fee portion of the Purchase Payment Fee. The buyer’s Account will be credited with the full Purchase Payment amount and the Fixed Fee portion of the Purchase Payment Fee will be deducted from your Account in addition to the amount of the refunded payment. The Fixed Fee will depend on the currency of the Purchase Payment and is listed in 8.4(c).

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never have used fed ex ever again ever since I sent three posters I sold for a ton of money, and they somehow arrived at the guys door looking like a lion tried to devour them.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
FedEx cocksuckers called me the other day about the same thing.
i ordered a pair of junya pants and the MMM untitled cologne.
The package was listed as "wool pants" and "candle." DHL calls me to ask me what ingredients are in the candle to which i answered "it's not a candle its perfume." The drone responded with "oh that changes everything. I have to send this to Border Control & Protection because they handle perfumes." So then BCP sends me a form to fill out which requires my SSN. Illogically, the cocksuckers were complaining about the wool pants. They said any textile garment requires that the recipient fill out that special form. Its ridiculous. After arguing with them for two days telling them I wouldn't send my SSN unencrypted I finally gave up and just sent it. FedEx officially sucks. Mindless drones can all go eat a dick up.

Happens to me all the time. When it is clothes, they often ask where the clothes were manufactured, not where or who sold it but who literally made it and which factory. I always give them the "how the hell am I suppose to know" answer. And yah, they require your SSN for some reason. That's why I always ask which carrier the stores outside of US uses because I always try to avoid UPS, FedEx and DHL when it comes to international shipping.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Happens to me all the time. When it is clothes, they often ask where the clothes were manufactured, not where or who sold it but who literally made it and which factory. I always give them the "how the hell am I suppose to know" answer. And yah, they require your SSN for some reason. That's why I always ask which carrier the stores outside of US uses because I always try to avoid UPS, FedEx and DHL when it comes to international shipping.

yeah, such stupid questions. the drones cant seem to differentiate between commercial and personal purchases.

one of the drones was trying to tell me it was classified "commercial" because I bought it from a store. lol. i had to copy and paste snippets from the BCP website to prove to her how dumb she was. commercial = business use/resale.

i used to think DHL was ok. who else is left besides those three?

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought some desert clarks earlier this month and i have blisters on both my feet and the toe cap is already falling apart on my right shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads