• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
inspired me to take this:
photo-1.jpg
triple works denim and alden x j crew snuff suede PTBs

nice i really like snuff suede color ... if i save long enough my next alden will be snuff suede chukkas for spring/summer to replace my nasty old clarks dbs haha

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
snuff suede is absolutely sick. i have a pair of chukkas in the brown suede - nice, but nowhere near the color depth you see in snuff

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
5372374963_09581529a0_z.jpg

Alden x SF Boot in black shell cordovan

Alden boots, $675. Pug wearing jewelry and designer t-shirt, priceless.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Alden boots, $675. Pug wearing jewelry and designer t-shirt, priceless.

LOL ... thats the gf's doing but yes its a schnug (schnauzer pug mix)

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Snuff Suede LWB - from Leffot

photo.jpg

I really like those. Picked up the ravello longwings this past weekend, and those may be next on the list.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who's got ravello longwings in stock?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb

I posted a picture of them on the last page.

One of the Alden stores has them. I got mine at Alden SF while I was up there this weekend. They were shipped there from another store and a guy backed out of the sale, and I was fortunate enough to stumble onto them. Right place at right time. I personally think ravello is the nicest and most versatile shell color, along with cigar.

I would try Alden DC to see if they were the ones that did the ravello longwing run.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb

Alden of Carmel has the crepe sole version listed on their site.

Morgan

Reaction score
johnnyrich7 - great shoes. I'm wearing my ravello captoe boots today, and ravello longwings are on the ever-changing, ever-growing list of shoes to someday own.

monologuist - I've got a pair of tan/sand suede longwings from Leathersoul, and they're my go-to semi-casual shoes. I wear them mainly with denim jeans and cotton suits, basically wherever I might otherwise wear dirty bucks.

lummers13

Reaction score
Morgan - Any problems with your denim rubbing off onto your suede LWs?

Morgan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lummers13
Morgan - Any problems with your denim rubbing off onto your suede LWs?

Yeah, it is a minor problem. When I wear my suede longwings, I only wear denim that's been washed once or twice and is no longer bleeding. I have very minor, barely noticeable bluish stains on my tan suede Alden chukkas, and learned my lesson quickly, so I never made the same mistake with the longwings.

The only shoes that are really stained are my Quoddy ring boots. That leather is so thick and waxy, so chock-full of tanning oils, that it actively dissolves the indigo and draws it out of the denim. I don't care about it, though, since I think it actually adds to the patina. Those ring boots are not meant to be babied.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it me or some models feel different than others, even though they're on the same last? Wore my Winn Perry's for the first time today and they feel a bit more snug than my other Aldens that are also on Barrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads