• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
So I tried the deodorant crystal and it works but my underarms are irritated. Hopefully it goes away.
Be careful. I used it for 6 months and lost all the good bacteria (or something) in my armpits for a while. My armpits became so dry and parched. It was really awful. I switched to Tom's of Maine and have been using it for years, but it doesn't work that well. I'm trying out the crystal again. I've been using it for three days and my armpits are fantastically dry.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
received my bottle of Creed Aventus and tried it on as well...mixed reviews on this one.
Requires several wearings to get it. It's nowhere near as boisterous as Original Santal.
Originally Posted by rioni
It's Amouage Jubilation XXV today.
Nice.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Be careful. I used it for 6 months and lost all the good bacteria (or something) in my armpits for a while. My armpits became so dry and parched. It was really awful. I switched to Tom's of Maine and have been using it for years, but it doesn't work that well. I'm trying out the crystal again. I've been using it for three days and my armpits are fantastically dry.
How would the crystal have killed the bacteria under your arm?
confused.gif
What didn't you like about Tom's?
Originally Posted by boo
Went with HdP 1725 today
What's this?
Originally Posted by rioni
It's Amouage Jubilation XXV today.
How's this?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How would the crystal have killed the bacteria under your arm?
confused.gif
What didn't you like about Tom's?

I don't know about the bacteria part, but that's my hypothesis. Perhaps my skin got too dry. Regardless, something made my skin painfully parched under both armpits. I stopped using the crystal and it went away. Then I used it a month later and the same thing happened. I did the starting and stopping for a few months until I realized I couldn't do the crystal. I still smell with Tom's. My BO smells. Asians are lucky... I'm trying the crystal again. I hope it doesn't cause the same problem because I don't smell at all now and I love it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've heard that Arm & Hammer natural unscented isn't half bad. I'm trying the "liquid" crystal right now. It takes a bit getting used to and I don't think it holds up as well as the solid crystal in the "no smells" department.

Dane

Reaction score
Multiple Rouge for me today.

Has anyone tried the new Dior collection? Leather Oud, etc. etc. Ordered samples, but they're taking forever.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Multiple Rouge for me today.

Has anyone tried the new Dior collection? Leather Oud, etc. etc. Ordered samples, but they're taking forever.

I could probably cadge a sample of Leather Oud from Mando (who adores it whole-heartedly), but I'm really not in the market for a new love for the next few months. I know there's a Dior boutique uptown but cannot bring myself to visit them.

boo

Reaction score
Bleecker Street today

Originally Posted by loveswatching
Montale black aoud.. Thanks to boo who hooked it up.

You're welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rambo
...What's this?

I was lazy to type it out: Histoires de Parfums 1725. A must sample if you like licorice/anise.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh - Chanel PM.

I was in a hurry to get moving today so I forgot to spray anything before leaving, but I had a decant of PM in my backpack...so now my truck also smells of Chanel Pour Monsieur.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is there any credence to the idea of masculine and feminine scents?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
is there any credence to the idea of masculine and feminine scents?

Some say it's purely a marketing-driven issue. I, however, think that there are some scents too femme for me to wear, and I know a few women who find some scents too butch. So it's a personal call - but I would also agree that there's a vast swath of scents that can easily be worn by both genders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads